Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Rooms closing in January??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

The citibar, more like the shiitybar!

Been there once on one of their infamous 2 euro drink student nights, what a crap night, much prefer the likes of Tripod, Quinns, Barcode and 21's to an extent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Not being in Trooms in over a year, seems not much has changed. Place was always a **** hole imo even back in the days of Docs, but I guess it depends what you're into and it is a lot better the D'Icon. I'd rather relax in Tom Collins or at a streach Mickey Martians anyday, old age creeping up on me :/

High Stool/Termites (Old version in Savoy) were still the best nights out I had in this town, says it all really : |

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Haven't been to the Trinity Rooms in months, clubs are boring me to death these days. Give me Costelloes & The Wicked Chicken anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

There is Zero places is Limerick that would appeal to me Nightclub wise.
    Trinity Rooms used to be Docs right ? if so have not been there in 15 Years!
    Dont like queuing and paying way too much money for those type of places anyay.
    Give me a non packed to the brim Club or Pub anyday.

Is there any Clubs in Limerick now that play alternative music ?
    I'm not talking about Heavy metal or 80's stuff but more so
    Non Dance, Non Chart type stuff.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CarewParkAFC

Why is it that be don't have any Ibiza themed clubs in Limerick whoich would play hard house trance euphoria techno, or music that you would beat your head of the wall to, if you will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Why is it that be don't have any Ibiza themed clubs in Limerick whoich would play hard house trance euphoria techno, or music that you would beat your head of the wall to, if you will.

Dolans run a monthlly techno club...thats as far as the beat your head off the walls go.......and I think the hard trance days are gone....pity...used to like alot of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

can't believe all the naysayers for trinity rooms! sure its busy and crowded, but thats the same for ANY club in the country. its a nightclub, if you dont want to be there, fair enough, but its the same in any club. the only difference is, in comparison to other clubs around the country, and even in comparison to docs (which I worked in), the atmosphere is much better.

they've got the best bouncers in the city for one, they are genuinely polite in the main, not like the d!(ks u see on any other door. They've held doors for me, and anlways been polite and professional. The staff try their best, work the bars well and efficiently, and always politely. the place is kept much cleaner and is well monitored at all times of the nite.

Sure, in the winter months it can be a bit tougher, since the courtyard can often be out of bounds with the weather, but they still do their best to offer a range of music. I personally find the greenroom bar closer to my tastes, as the music they play out there is generally something that at least a bit of talent has gone into. Im not into dance music, but i appreciate that this is main room stuff, and thats where it belongs. they've invested in their sound system, and do try to bring in the big acts.

The main problem with crowding occurs in the hip hop room, and i admit it can get way too packed in there. but if the rumours are to be believed they are about to do something about that.

To sum up, sure its a nightclub, and nightclubs have their problems, but this one is one of the better ones. I feel safe in trinity rooms, where as if i was in Icon, i constantly feel intimidated. and dirty.

Do I have to remind you of the smell in the market? or when you'd be refused because you werent wearing a pair of 501s and a tucked in check shirt?

Without the effort Trinity rooms put in, limerick would be a lot worse off. If clubbing isnt your thing (and usually its not mine), then dont go, but for those occasions when I feel like going, i wouldnt consider the other "main" options.

zuroph wrote: »
    can't believe all the naysayers for trinity rooms! sure its busy and crowded, but thats the same for ANY club in the country. its a nightclub, if you dont want to be there, fair enough, but its the same in any club. the only difference is, in comparison to other clubs around the country, and even in comparison to docs (which I worked in), the atmosphere is much better.

they've got the best bouncers in the city for one, they are genuinely polite in the main, not like the d!(ks u see on any other door. They've held doors for me, and anlways been polite and professional. The staff try their best, work the bars well and efficiently, and always politely. the place is kept much cleaner and is well monitored at all times of the nite.

Sure, in the winter months it can be a bit tougher, since the courtyard can often be out of bounds with the weather, but they still do their best to offer a range of music. I personally find the greenroom bar closer to my tastes, as the music they play out there is generally something that at least a bit of talent has gone into. Im not into dance music, but i appreciate that this is main room stuff, and thats where it belongs. they've invested in their sound system, and do try to bring in the big acts.

The main problem with crowding occurs in the hip hop room, and i admit it can get way too packed in there. but if the rumours are to be believed they are about to do something about that.

To sum up, sure its a nightclub, and nightclubs have their problems, but this one is one of the better ones. I feel safe in trinity rooms, where as if i was in Icon, i constantly feel intimidated. and dirty.

Do I have to remind you of the smell in the market? or when you'd be refused because you werent wearing a pair of 501s and a tucked in check shirt?

Without the effort Trinity rooms put in, limerick would be a lot worse off. If clubbing isnt your thing (and usually its not mine), then dont go, but for those occasions when I feel like going, i wouldnt consider the other "main" options.

They will hold open the door for anyone with a pair of tits. The bouncers are morons.

RonMexico wrote: »
    They will hold open the door for anyone with a pair of tits. The bouncers are morons.
    I dont have tits, I'm a 25 year old male, and they've held doors open for me.The bouncers there are much better than most others around the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, thinking about it they have never really seemed like pricks. . . to me at least! What are they doing to help wih the hip hop room? I've only ever found 2 rooms in that place, wheres the third???

• Advertisement

1) the front bar and courtyard(the clubhouse, formerly the green room, formerly the red room!!!), 2)the hip hop room(think its called the quarter club), 3)and the main room.

Rumour is the building is being converted since the library is gone. Second floor. Hence the fire marshalls recently carefully monitoring capacity numbers and control between the courtyard and indoors.

zuroph wrote: »
    1) the front bar and courtyard(the clubhouse, formerly the green room, formerly the red room!!!), 2)the hip hop room(think its called the quarter club), 3)and the main room.

Rumour is the building is being converted since the library is gone. Second floor. Hence the fire marshalls recently carefully monitoring capacity numbers and control between the courtyard and indoors.

Since when is the library gone? I only renewed my membership before Christmas.

its moved/moving, not sure where to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

good to hear that you feel safe down there. It wasnt you who was the one looking for the missing cctv then?

I dont know what you're talking about but I can guess the jist of of it. Point of the matter is you generally see very few fights in there, and they are very fast and professional to respond to them in my experience. I've had mates started on for no reason in there by srunk students, and instead of just throwing everyone out the door to sort it out for themselves, they take care in making sure they are not creating a worse situation (again, in my experience). one mate was started on b y four or five lads who were thrown out, they waited outside for my mate. when he was leaving at the end of the night, the security stopped him, told him they were waiting for him, kept him back, called him a cab to the side door and made sure he got in safely. I'd like to see any other club do that for you, but no, once its off their premises they generally brush their hands of it.

I have to disagree with you there. Fair enough you had a good experience with your friend and it sounds like it was handled correctly. What i dont understand is how you can say no other club would do that for you? Any proof of this? I also know of incidents that have happened in the aforementioned club that would not make me feel safe about going there.

well i have another mate that got started on for no reason in the other "main" club, and was thrown out with the scum that started on him, he would have ended up in A and E if it wasnt for the fact there was a group of us there and got him out of there pronto.

I just think theres a lot of people bashing the place for unfounded reasons, fair enough, if you have a legitimate problem and had a bad experience, then ok, but i just hate people who say "oh they're a$$h0les down there" when in reality, they, or one of their mates has been wrecked and causing trouble. The security down there have to put up with a lot of people who cant handle their drink and get aggresive, I just find their attitude down there better than i've experienced around the country, and I've seen a lot of clubs around the country as I travel with work.

well i suppose you are entitled to an opinion nad mine differs greatly from you rs as do my experiences i would imagine. I know nightclubs inside out and have made my judgements based on that fact. I never said anything about anyone being a$$holes or said the bouncers were tossers. To me i just see a major gap between the "main" nightclubs for a number of reasons and it will be interesting to see what happens when the newly refurbished market opens

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    well i suppose you are entitled to an opinion nad mine differs greatly from you rs as do my experiences i would imagine. I know nightclubs inside out and have made my judgements based on that fact. I never said anything about anyone being a$$holes or said the bouncers were tossers. To me i just see a major gap between the "main" nightclubs for a number of reasons and it will be interesting to see what happens when the newly refurbished market opens

Well my quarrel ain't with you then.;)

Some people come on saying its a kip etc, unfounded comments, its the only club that seriously and regularily invests in its decor, soundsystem, and layout.

Anyway, I dont mind, people are entitled to their opinion, but i just felt this thread was getting a bit onesided, and thought i'd express another point of view. :) I just think, despite what some people say, limerick would not be "better off" without the place, its provides a lot of people with an option they prefer. And it doesnt discriminate against people just cos they're not wearing a check shirt and a pair of 501s.

we shall agree to disagree then my good man :)

• Advertisement

*agrees* (to disagree)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Molly's is a pretty good place to go, never bothered going around the corner to trooms.

I'm completely the opposite. I think what attracts me to the trinity rooms is the fact that its not Molly's. Its funny. I think Trinity Rooms is quite unique it would be a shame to see it gone, there are thousands of Molly's all over Ireland.

I'm completely the opposite. I think what attracts me to the trinity rooms is the fact that its not Molly's. Its funny. I think Trinity Rooms is quite unique it would be a shame to see it gone, there are thousands of Molly's all over Ireland.
    I'd have to agree with you here, I find Mollys has all the problems people here labelled Trinity rooms with! I've been made go there quite a few times, and I've never enjoyed it, not a nice atmosphere, and dull chart hits being played out with no imagination.

but to each their own i guess.

[post content removed ... potentially defamatory]
    I apologise, could the post be returned without the name of the venue in question?

ooohhh interesting!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What was the gist of the non-defamitory part??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Every thread on Boards about a night club just turns into people giving out about how sh1t it is

yeah i would like to see the post as well

it was basically that i went to a city venue, and an altercation between a bouncer and a customer broke out at the door when i arrived, the bouncer kneed the customer in the balls for "putting your hands on my jacket". then stepped back while they shouted abuse at each other to let us in BETWEEN the two of them. not very professional. I presume this post is ok because no venue is named.

• Advertisement
Advertisement