Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JBL's Replacement

• 23-12-2007 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

So, now that JBL is a Raw wrestler once again, who would you like to see replace him as a colour commentator on Smackdown?

I haven't included a poll because there doesn't seem to be any clear candidates, apart from Michael Hayes apparently, but he's also SD's head writer so he may find it hard to do both jobs

Personally, I'd love to see Stevie Richards get it. He commentated on Heat a few times years ago and I thought he was really good. He's always been good on the mic anyway, much like JBL was

I wouldn't mind Michael Hayes getting it either, as he's one of the top promo guys of all time and he's done a lot of commentary work in the past

Any other names anyone can think of?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i know it's not going to happen but i would love to see Heyman commentating again. although, it probably wouldn't be as memorable as his stint with JR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Fozzy wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind Michael Hayes getting it either, as he's one of the top promo guys of all time and he's done a lot of commentary work in the past

Handsome Doc Hendrix! Haha:D
    Fozzy wrote: »
    Any other names anyone can think of?

They could well bring Taz back from ECW. There's Dusty Rhodes as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Oh no please not Dusty, his voice goes through my head.

Heyman would be an excellent choice.

Wouldn't mind having Coach as commentator on Smackdown either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

it will be Taz to smackdown and joey styles will fly solo on ecw, hopefully :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shame Booker T is gone, as he would have been quite good. Hopefully JBL takes up the mantle again later on. Best in the business IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

i agree it will most likely be tazz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I'd say it will be tazz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ernest "the Cat" Miller. Him and Cole made a great team on velocity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

They might get mike goldberg he would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Mike Goldberg turned them down for JR's position on Raw he's hardly going to do colour on Smackdown i'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Mike Goldberg's not a colour commentator anyway

True aswell Fozzy, maybe they could get Joe Rogan lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

So who did he replace on raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

JBL isn't replacing anyone as a commentator on Raw. He's going to be a full time wrestler again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote: »
    Shame Booker T is gone, as he would have been quite good.

Hear, hear.
    Bubs101 wrote:
    Ernest "the Cat" Miller. Him and Cole made a great team on velocity

I recall an episode of SD where he filled in for Tazz who I think was dealing with a bereavement or something and he was dire.

I think Tazz will most likely get it which I'd be fine with but it would probably mean a replacement for him on ECW. I think Hayes works well as a commentator and I'd enjoy hearing him too.

There's one name who hasn't been mentioned though who I think would be good for either Smackdown or ECW - Al Snow. I'm pretty sure he's still working with OVW and I'd say the idea of commentary work would be attractive to him. I reckon he'd be good as he knows how to get over a wrestler and he can be funny, plus he and Coach were well liked for their stuff on Heat. I wonder if the WWE considered him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Michael Hayes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Well, one person here will be pleased with the new SD commentator. I hadn't really considered him but I don't mind at all. He is...
    The Coach!

Total disaster, he is rubbish and so is Cole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Yeah, not a fan of the choice.

I'm in agreement with Stevie Richards and Al Snow nominations. Probably Snow would have the edge cause Stevie's raspie voice might grate on me after a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Scott Hall

Ddp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭The Arbiter

I agree Al snow would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Coach. MEH. Never a huge fan of his commentary. Can't really see his and Cole making a good team, either. Would have Liked Michael Hayes myself....

Advertisement