Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone explain this to me?

Options
  • 23-12-2007 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Ok, I search on youtube a fair bit - just to have a bit of music going on in the background.

I have an account on it but never log in to it. Haven't used it in 4months at this stage.

The weird bit:
    Every time I type in www.youtube.com into the address bar youtube loads up with me logged in, on someone elses account.

Like I'll have the username and all the setting and logout option in the top right corner. I can edit their profile or just leave comments as them. (I don't by the way)

It's a different account every time.

Is this some security flaw they haven't fixed yet or what.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Odd, are you going through a proxy or something - what is your internet connection setup? Perhaps your ISP has some wierd way of handling http connections

Does it happen any other site?

Edit: - You not alone: http://mashable.com/2007/02/11/possible-youtube-security-lapse/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Weird, the only thing I could think off which might be causing a problem is Google trying to integrate Gmail accounts into Youtube or something.

Do you have a Gmail account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

Weird, the only thing I could think off which might be causing a problem is Google trying to integrate Gmail accounts into Youtube or something.

Do you have a Gmail account?

Yeah I use the same gmail and youtube account (youtube through gmail).

I'd say it won't be long til it's fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 WeeDiddly

GerryRyan wrote: »
    Yeah I use the same gmail and youtube account (youtube through gmail).

I'd say it won't be long til it's fixed.
    The sooner the better! Considering, it's a company worth 1.5billion USD, you'd think a security flaw like this would to be fixed immediatley.

Advertisement