Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ear plugs

Options
  • 23-12-2007 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

if you stretched your lobes to say 4mm would they be guaranteed to go back to normal when you took them out? im in college now so i can do it but chances are it wont be acceptable for the type of job im going for when i finish so il need them to shrink back if i get it done!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

they should stretch back no problem, im in college too and ive 16mm plugs. ive worked for international companies before and gonne be doing it again in march, so shouldnt effect your job prospects, well in my opinion anyway

4mm isnt really noticeable anyway they just look like normal ear rings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Rustycans

Thats right 4mm plugs will just look like ordinary studs really . I have been up to 20mm am now at 10mm and cannot really go smaller ( might just get down to 8mm) I d say in my experience that the holes should go back to more or less normal up to 8mm, but of course everyones different .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

When my plugs were down at 4mm I lost both the pieces of jewellery but I never made it into town to pick up new ones. Anyway, both ears dropped down to look like normal ear piercings within a day...no hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

I wouldn't suggest stretching your ears if you're not sure about staying there. It can be one of those things where you'll say 'I'll just go a bit bigger' etc. 4mm will still look pretty much like regular earrings. Everyone's body is different, some people can never take earrings out or they'll shrink down/close rapidly, others can leave theirs out for years with no change (no matter the size). I'm at 10mm now which is generally considered past the point of no return(9mm) for many but some can shrink down, I find that mine can be tight if I leave them out overnight etc and there is little to no drooping of the hole so that is an indication that I haven't torn the elastin by stretching too fast. If you go for it, do it slowly and wait 6-8weeks (longer if necessary) after each stretch to allow full healing of the tissue. I really wouldn't recommend using tapered jewellery unless you're VERY good at controlling the urge to push it that little bit further in between sizes, you could cause a blowout which can be painful and cause scarring depending on the severity.

Advertisement