Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Terry Venables thinks the national manager should not be a foreigner

• 23-12-2007 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

God he's thick. He's after saying the English manager should be English, just like the Italian, German and French manager, etc.

Then he goes on to comment on the possibility of him taking the Ireland or Bulgaria job.

What a moron.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

dublindude wrote: »

What a moron.

Cant say I agree. It's different jobs we're talking about here. If we had a professional league here of the standard of the PL with all our players playing in it, I'd expect us to produce a few top quality managers. As it is, if we can get a top quality foreigner thats great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,345 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Sure he probably thinks the Irish are really English after all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Hey anything that helps him talk his way out the Irish job is fine by me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Stekelly wrote: »
    Cant say I agree. It's different jobs we're talking about here. If we had a professional league here of the standard of the PL with all our players playing in it, I'd expect us to produce a few top quality managers. As it is, if we can get a top quality foreigner thats great.

That would be a decent point if England had actually produced any "top quality" managers, but they haven't. Only four English managers have ever managed in the Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    That would be a decent point if England had actually produced any "top quality" managers, but they haven't. Only four English managers have ever managed in the Champions League.

I did say "expect" to. TBH UK managers are rarely thought of as foreign. It's generally been Uk & Ireland : Rest of Europe.

The fact that Ferguson has been at Utd so long and during a period of succes means that a good chunk of CL spots were gone straight off aswell. Wenger, same. It's only since the more spots became available that it's even become an option for an English manager to take their team to the CL. Teh 4th team entered kind of coincided with Chelsea hitting it big and have had Jose since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement