Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

_default.pif missing - xp setup

• 23-12-2007 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

_default.pif was missing while (now) i was setting up my xp onto my comp

says windows may not function ?

how important is it ? - can it be added after installation?

:confused: - cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

so is shutdown sound and mllite.inf

am i screwed?

also missing phptt.gif - a couple of those - bout 10 - 100 or so ''installed''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If you don't use any dos based applications, then it shouldn't make much of a difference if it's missing (afaik)
    you should be able to copy it from another pc easily enough, it's located in the C:\Windows folder

dos based

as in command line?

cheers

xactsrv.dll also not there

xptht36w.htm missing too - but thats a website and i dont have an internet connection on that comp so that shouldnt matter

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Have you run a full anti virus scan, in safe mode?

Nick

• Advertisement

its not set up yet

im installing it now

eror:sxs.dll : syntax error in manifest or policy file ''d:\i386\asms\msft\windows\gdiplus\GDIPLUS.man'' on line 4

also

error: installation failed : d\i386\asms. error message ; incorrect function

this happened after i was told installation will continue after restart

i press ok - shuts down - when i restart it says installation will complete in 39 mins - usuall xp crap saying i will enjoy xp - errors repeats

?
    any help

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

conor2007 wrote: »
    eror:sxs.dll : syntax error in manifest or policy file ''d:\i386\asms\msft\windows\gdiplus\GDIPLUS.man'' on line 4

also

error: installation failed : d\i386\asms. error message ; incorrect function

this happened after i was told installation will continue after restart

i press ok - shuts down - when i restart it says installation will complete in 39 mins - usuall xp crap saying i will enjoy xp - errors repeats

?
    any help
    Ahh ok sorry m8, thought it was a in windows issiue, by any chance are you Repairing windows using the disc? I ask as these kinda errors can be common when doing a repair, if its a fresh install, check to make sure the disc isnt scratched, make sure theres no scratches, dust or anything on the discs surface, might also be no harm using the hard disk manufacturers disk checker app to ensure the hard disk itself isnt bad...
    If it is your trying to repiar xp, just ignore errors all the times it pops up, theres a good chance windows will function normally after

Nick

i cleaned it

nothing was missing , altho i still get that large error when i go into the 2nd part of the installation

cheers for teh help

Advertisement