Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Types. mini Vs large

Options
  • 23-12-2007 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I presumed the distinction between mini vs large batteries was merely the amount of current they held and that physically they had the same dimensions, however looking at some AEG specifications I notice a few specify mini only, whats the significants of this, if any.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

mini batteries have smaller sized cells and smaller connectors

large have bigger cells and large connections

physically they are quite different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Well good to find that out now. I'm off to place a new order.

Just quick post earlier as I was running out, and im on my way out again now, but ill post more info on batteries later when I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yep, And Minis normally only go up to about 1500mah or so where as larges get 4000mah sometimes. Never need that much though:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Nah, that was all the info I needed. Went and ordered four mini type instead.

• Advertisement

Yep, And Minis normally only go up to about 1500mah or so where as larges get 4000mah sometimes. Never need that much though:p

*** looks at ridiculously large 10.8v 3600mah battery

indeed, 4000 is overkill :p

Edit:
    Also, the further information I was going to post is the two links below from arnie's:
    http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/articles/21c/batteryguide.htm
    http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=940

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, when we started we had no Idea so my brother got an intellect 3600mah 8.4 for the Famas, you could use it for 3 days and still have some juice left:p

Advertisement