Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Halo version with 3 red lights and still working

• 23-12-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I got the 3 rings of death not for overheating, but for an "electrical problem", I accidentally :confused: touched the power cable conected to the xbox360 (while my boyfriend was playing), so it shut down, but when I plug the power cable back in it came back with the 3 red lights :(, I pressed the ROL to turn it off and inmediately turn it on again and it worked fine:cool:, no more red lights and the xbox wasn't even warm, so what do you thinkicon5.gif well that was yesterday, I hope it doesn't die on me >>> what do you guys think???? it will right...
    We just got it like 2 weeks ago, it is the halo version but it doesn't have the falcom, the bad thing is that I bough it in Vegas while I was there and now I am in Costa Rica where I live, if it stops working I don't know what I am going to do, send it back, would they pay for it, or no, :mad: you pay $400 for a console to give u $^% after just 2 weeks, bah!
    Anyways thanks in advance for your help! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

If the cables at the back are loose it can display the red ring as well (but with 4 segments instead of 3)
    Hopefully this is the case, and it's nothing to worry about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

tman wrote: »
    If the cables at the back are loose it can display the red ring as well (but with 4 segments instead of 3)
    Hopefully this is the case, and it's nothing to worry about

He clearly said that 3 red lights appeared.
    the same thing happened to me a while ago with my premium,i turned it on,3 red lights,restarted and its been working fine ever since :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

He is also clearly a she...
    It was just a suggestion in case she wasn't certain about the number of lights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Violetini

Thank you guys! I am certanly a she lol, and I do not recall if i got 3 or 4 lights, I freaked out :o a little and I turned it off, so let's cross our fingers and hope they were 4, I said 3 cause that is the infamous number. Anyways time will tell, thanks again! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Happened to me before... Was reaching for the Xbox but stumbled and accidentally punched it head on. Instantly got the 3 red lights. Quickly turned it off and worked the next day. Still works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Fringe wrote: »
    Happened to me before... Was reaching for the Xbox but stumbled and accidentally punched it head on. Instantly got the 3 red lights. Quickly turned it off and worked the next day. Still works.
    Do you always reach for things with your fist clenched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

When you fall the reflex is to clench your fist. You'd hardly want to be landing on 5 uneven fingers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Surely the reflex is to spread your fingers so you have your full, flat hand to take the weight and so you can try to grab onto something on the way down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I don't know! I thought the reflex was always to land on your side because landing on your hand could break it.

Advertisement