Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cosy cat radiator bed

• 23-12-2007 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

This is a long shot but figured couldnt hurt to ask. I got a cosy cat radiator bed for xmas and for the life of me I can't figure out how its meant to work. I'm sure its really easy but I'm feeling dim today. I've emailed the company that make it but as its just xmas I doubt they'll get back to me till after the 26th. Has anyone else used this product?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You hook it over the rad and the cat gets all warmed through. Only any good if you turn the heating on, so expect Buttons to nudge you towards the thermostat! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

mike65 wrote: »
    You hook it over the rad and the cat gets all warmed through. Only any good if you turn the heating on, so expect Buttons to nudge you towards the thermostat! :p

Mike.

I figure that much out from the picture on the box but I don't get HOW i hook it to the rad, theres a round metal rod through one end of the bed and then two hook like pipes that appear to attach to either end of the round rod but no way to attach the end of the bed so it just hangs down.......I'll see if i can take some pics or doodle something to make it clear

Take a picture and put it on photobucket or similair and link it

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

These things are a bit flimsy until they actually hang on the radiator.

Basically the fleece bit is like a pillow cushion and you have to fit the assembled steel bits into it. Problem is, that it's very tight in the beginning and won't fit over the frame. You have to sort of pull the frame apart while pulling the cushion over it and then stick it back together when it's all inside.

Hard to describe and a bit fiddly ..but you'll figure it out in the end.

cat1.jpg

This is everything that came in the box.

cat2.jpg
    The hooks can only fit on the ends of the round pipe but then the bed is only attached at one end.

I can't see how the pipes would fit inside the fleece, theres no place for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

as it is on the top picture, fit the two hooks to the round bar and then shove the whole lot down the cushion.

The cushion then has to go round the corner to form the back of the bed.

It's easier if you turn the hooks to the inside first, so that all of the steel bars fits easily into the cushion and then turn the hooks the way they're supposed to be (on the pic on the packaging), all the wile stretching the cushion over them.

peasant wrote: »
    as it is on the top picture, fit the two hooks to the round bar and then shove the whole lot down the cushion.

The cushion then has to go round the corner to form the back of the bed.

It's easier if you turn the hooks to the inside first, so that all of the steel bars fits easily into the cushion and then turn the hooks the way they're supposed to be (on the pic on the packaging), all the wile stretching the cushion over them.

cheers hon, think I can figure it out now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Don't feel dim, there was a lot od head scratching here before I figured it out.:D
    Mine is finally hanging on the rad & spotless - none of the cats have gone near it.

cat3.jpg

one happy cosy cat :D

Happy?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I can't imagine that would be very good or healthy for the cat. Being in a heated room should be sufficient heat for a cat.

I can't imagine that would be very good or healthy for the cat. Being in a heated room should be sufficient heat for a cat.

the rad isn't actually on - none of the rads in my house are. It was a gift from someone so I wanted to put it up to see what it was like. Cat seemed happy enough with it, don't know if she'll like it as much as her big fluffy orange pillow but she's fast asleep in it now. I'll leave it up as its not in the way, if she likes it, she likes it, if not didn't cost me anything.

took cat and radiator bed to my mums for xmas - her rads are on unlike mine and must say very little heat gets through the fleece, just enough to make it cosy not hot. Cat only got out of it to eat, poop, and run around after my mums dog so guess thats a thumbs up from her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

aww, she looks lovely and snug anyway hehe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

That's the kind of thing I need to get for my 2 cats! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

cotton wrote: »
    Mine is finally hanging on the rad & spotless - none of the cats have gone near it.
    Are they insane?! :) Man, I just want to climb into it myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

we have one too - the cat cooks himself and then jumps on the cold floor to cool off! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The kennels my wee fella goes to have these beds, the owner sends me MMS photos of him lounging...usually looks like he's having a better time on his holidays than I am!

i got back to my house last night and just dumped bags and cat bed in the hall and headed to bed. Cat has big orange pillow she like to sleep on in my studio but came down this morning to find her sleeping on radiator bed even thou it was just lieing on the floor - guess that means she likes, regardless of wither its on a hot rad or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭lurchin along

Cats are hedonists and there's no such thing as too warm.I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's done the mad dive across the room to quench the blazing tail of a cat that got too near the heat...
    Had one of those rad beds - after HOURS figuring out how to put it together- the b...... cat ignored it and it was eventually irreparably bent outa shape by the (large) dog's efforts to climb into it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

lurchin, your post made me snort with laughter - twice.

Advertisement