Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone - Need Help....

Options
  • 23-12-2007 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

I'm sure this is an all too familiar complaint - but just looking for advise on how to deal with the situation.

I bought a Nokia mobile from my local Vodafone Shop three weeks ago. Last week it just died. It won't power up, and it looks as if there is a crack on the inside of the display. It most definitely hasn't been damaged, and was working perfectly well for the two weeks prior. I brought it back to the shop, and they sent it off to their repair team. Yesterday I got a call from them saying that they do not accept responsibility as the fault is not a known Nokia fault, they say the phone was damaged by me. This is most definitely not the case - I would understand if the phone was dropped or abused, but it wasn't.

What recourse do I have - I don't think it's fair that I am €109 out of pocket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Warranties don't cover physical damage. It could have been someone else that damaged it , or tight jeans, or goodness only knows what. At the end of the day, it's physical damage.
    What model Nokia? Have you checked online for other reports of the same / similar fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

It's a Nokia 2630 - and it honestly wasn't damaged. It's only when you try to power it up - which it will for about 5 secs - there appears to be a line on the inside of the display screen. I would readily admit it I damaged it, but it was working perfect the night before, left on bedside locker, and next morning, it's banjaxed. To my (non techie) eyes, it looks as if there is some sort of corruption with software. Very annoying, as phone looks as if it is in perfect condition, not even a scratch on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

What do you mean above that it looks like "as if there is a crack on the inside of the display"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭uoluol

What I mean is that a line appears on inside of display screen - hard to describe, but for the few secs phone powers up, it looks as if screen is cracked - but it's not - because when phone powers off, screen is intact.

Sorry - not very good at descriptions.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

uoluol wrote: »
    What I mean is that a line appears on inside of display screen - hard to describe, but for the few secs phone powers up, it looks as if screen is cracked - but it's not - because when phone powers off, screen is intact.

Sorry - not very good at descriptions.....

Does it have a black line or mark across the screen which would make it seem like it is cracked? This happened to a few Nokias I had, which is why I don't buy them anymore. But after 3 weeks this really should not happen. I'm not sure what you are entitled to, but as has been said in a few other threads previously, it's only your word they can go on, and they don't know if you are lying about not damaging it, so I suppose this is where they are coming from. It sucks really, but I'm pretty sure that's how it work. (Correct me if I'm wrong) I left my phone on my bed for 10 minutes and when I returned the keypad wouldn't work properly, so I understand that a phone can change within minutes.

To be honest, I don't think they will budge on this one as the warranty wont cover damage that seems to have been caused by the user.

• Advertisement
Advertisement