Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target shooting club/range list?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

rrpc wrote: »
    He seems to be arguing with multiple people and treating them as one.

Would this be referred to as anthropomorphic split personality?

Ahh yes , "Tilting at windmills"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

This thread has long since run its course and meandered far from the original subject of target shooting range lists. How about drawing a veil over proceedings and closing the thread, please, mods? Otherwise it's just a waste of time for shooters who are genuinely interested in the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

fat-tony wrote: »
    This thread has long since run its course and meandered far from the original subject of target shooting range lists. How about drawing a veil over proceedings and closing the thread, please, mods? Otherwise it's just a waste of time for shooters who are genuinely interested in the sport.

Agreed. Perhaps DeV can put this one out of its misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dGeneral

Sparks wrote: »
    On this one point, a counterpoint - walk into a super's office, demand a pistol licence for target shooting, refuse to join a target shooting club, and you'll be told no. In less than a year, it'll be a mandatory precondition of your licence with the full weight of statute law behind it, and he won't legally be allowed to give it to you (enjoy yourself when you go to renew in August, by the way). Right now, it's an individual precondition on your licence, set by the Superintendent (and it's been set by every superintendent I've heard of), with the full weight of a high court and supreme court ruling (Dunne v Donoghue) behind it. Challange your super in the courts at your peril, because if he takes you up on it on these grounds, he'll win. No district court in the land would overrule a superintendent who refused to give a licence for a pistol for target shooting to someone who not only had no range on which to shoot at targets, but who also refused to join one and who took a superintendent to court rather than join one. Superintendents have been overruled before by courts, but in this case, your case would be so dodgy that noone in their right mind would rule in your favour. As I said, you got very, very, very lucky if your Super backed down, and I wouldn't count on it ever happening again.

Sparks,

Did i mention "DEMAND",................NO
    Entitlement.................................YES
    And "yes" it did happened again, only last week, a friend of mine recieved his licence, accompanied with his "Article 7 Authority"(AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE OR ACQUISITION BY A RESIDENT OF IRELAND OF A CATEGORY B FIREARM OR AMMUNITION IN ANOTHER STATE) and NOT
    BEEN A MEMBER OF ANY RIFLE/PISTOL CLUB.

I know plenty of ppl who's application's were successful and not a member of any rifle/pistol clubs.....very very very lucky aswell......yeh..

Your game is to frighten ppl to join your club when its not needed......

In the future you will need to be a member, as i already stated and it won't be next year, as their wont be proper target facilities built to give a PROPER AUTHORISED/LICENCE to a club.
    The Authority the clubs have now (in their 5 acre plot with a mound at the back is not proper shooting facilities) and the Super sayin Yeah you can shoot here will not have a chance getting any licence when the amendment is passed.

So stop scare-mongering ppl sayin that they have to give 300-400-500 euro's and in some cases more to join a field with a mound at the back.
    Don't get me wrong some of the clubs are good.....but most (about 96%)of them are fields....

So stop goin around in circles and kicking ppl back,who are looking to get into the target pistol sport, with your laws that are not in existence yet.
    When the senate pass the Amendments then they are law.........

So the more ppl getting into the target pistol sport....
    The new laws been passed....
    You'll be a rich man with your club out your backgarden....you might have to do a bit of work on it to get that PROPER LICENCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

This thread reminds me of the time I dropped my pint, something perfectly good gone to waste. Please can we lock this and sticky a new thread with IRLConnors range/club list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

dGeneral wrote: »
    Sparks,
    Did i mention "DEMAND"
    Yes, you did. Or does applying and threatening court action when refused not count as a demand to you?
    Entitlement
    You don't have any. (Other than being entitled to apply for a licence, which is not the same thing as being entitled to a licence).
    And "yes" it did happened again, only last week, a friend of mine recieved his licence
    How shall I put this? Hmmm. Well, "I don't believe you" pretty much sums it up, I think.
    Your game is to frighten ppl to join your club when its not needed
    Membership of my club wouldn't let you get any cartridge pistol, we're only cleared for airguns. My 'game' is to correct published errors lest someone get into trouble for following incorrect advice.
    I'm not sure what your game is, other than causing a ruckus and maybe getting a few people into unnecessary trouble with their local Gardai.
    The Authority the clubs have now (in their 5 acre plot with a mound at the back is not proper shooting facilities) and the Super sayin Yeah you can shoot here will not have a chance getting any licence when the amendment is passed.
    Actually, the Authorisation (and didn't you say no club was authorised a little earlier?) that clubs currently operate under will continue to have a limited effect (in that you could shoot there with a firearm you didn't have a licence for, under 2(4)(d), which isn't going away). And about 96% of clubs out there are getting inspected by the Gardai and getting ready to comply with the new 4A licence requirements.
    When the senate pass the Amendments then they are law
    The senate passed the amendments. Then the Dail passed the amendments, at which point they became law. They're not in force yet, because the start of the CJA2006 said that they'd come into effect when the Minister said they would - ie, in order for this to all become law, the Minister has to put one signature on one piece of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

For Gods sake, would someone with a bit of sense please close / lock this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Talk to DeVore. He is in sole control here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I suspect we're about ten seconds out from a closure anyway, so a last on-topic post - if you've got club details, put them in the boards wiki!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes this is a classic example of what I'm talking about. Thread locked. Account banned. IP request initiated. Clearly this "club" is a fake as noone I've talked to knows about it.

Perfectly good thread ruined by argumentative idiots.

DeV

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement