Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas displays in Dublin city?

Options
  • 23-12-2007 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Every Christmas eve my family go into town. We used to check out all the Christmas displays in the shop windows, etc., but they've been removed.

Just wondering if there are any new ones set up, and where? I heard that around the financial services centre there are some elaborate displays. Anyone know about that?

Any other suggestions to check out? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

We dont bother going into town anymore, we head up to Cabra and Finglas to check out the light shows. Far better than anything you'll see in town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Town is pathetic this year. Henry Street is ok but you would barely notice it is Christmas on O`Connell Street, all they have done is light some of the trees. Didnt they used to have tonnes of lights spanning across the street above the roadway?

The shop windows generally have been sh1te for the past 8 years or so, so the removal of all the modern art type stuff of previous years isnt really missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I agree about the lights,fairly bad alright,although in O'connell streets defence it's not that bad,there are some nice lights on the poles etc,although I wouldn't travel to see them. Shame about the displays in shop windows like brown thomas, it would seem they have copped on that they can make as much money at christmas even by not bothering with a display,christmas spirit is long gone. OP, you could check out the christmas fair on the quays at ifsc,if nothing else it would be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I like the display in Arnotts on Henry street this year
    but it's not really christmassy

the best display is on the stalls selling the tacky lights further up the street tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

dubtom wrote: »
    OP, you could check out the christmas fair on the quays at ifsc,if nothing else it would be different.

That finished yesterday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement