Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reptile Food - Wholesaler??

• 23-12-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering if by any chance someone here knows of a wholesaler here or in N.I. that sells frozen snake food i.e. rats and such?

Many thanks,

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Most pet shops should be able to get what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

www.livefood.co.uk an English complany but i've been using them for 4 years buying both frozen and live food from them and they always arrive within 2-3 days of ordering in perfect condition. Highly reccomend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

You have 3 options really. Not tried ordering from the UK so cant really comment on that option.

1) Reptile Haven can order in bulk amounts of frozen food for you, as can many other shops i'm sure.

2) There is a Guy in Kilkenny that can supply bulk amounts of frozen foods. His name is Pete and can be contacted on 086 3795285. He does good prices and does Mice, Rats, Gerbles and chicks.

3) Start your own colony of rats or mice. Multi-mammate mice make good feeders and are bitey wee things so dont make good pets and aren't as cute as normal mice. Makes it easier to use as feeders. The down side is euthenising them before feeding them, not for everyone and can be dificult to do.

Duzzie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I recommend Pete in Kilkenny, his rats and mice are best. Other than that, I may have some spare Multis, I have 4 tanks with babies in at the moment, just need them bigger to sex

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

tcob1 wrote: »
    I recommend Pete in Kilkenny, his rats and mice are best. Other than that, I may have some spare Multis, I have 4 tanks with babies in at the moment, just need them bigger to sex
    Pity you are the other side of the country. I am looking to get some unrelated males to introduce some fresh blood into my colony.

Duzzie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I am going to Wicklow on the 4th to collect some tanks, could bring you up so babies, they will be weaned

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thread closed. Advertising and pimping other forums is not allowed. I have deleted all the relevant posts. Next time it will result in bans/infractions. These are boards.ie rules and I must follow them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement