Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying phone from Amazon

• 23-12-2007 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey all,
    this is probably a stupid question, but I'm buying a new phone (Samsung E840) from amazon.co.uk. It says it's ''sim-free''. Does this mean I can just put my already existing Vodafone SIM in it and it will work as normal? No need for unlocking or re-registering with Vodafone or anything like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If it is sim free, then you can put any sim from any network into it and it should work fine. I don't think Amazon.co.uk ship phones to Ireland though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Yeah they stopped selling electronics goods to Ireland a while back AFAIK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yeah they stopped because of the weee directive afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 isabel1989

Ok, well I've found other websites that I can order the phone from, thanks, glad to know it'll be hassle free to set up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

isabel1989 wrote: »
    Ok, well I've found other websites that I can order the phone from, thanks, glad to know it'll be hassle free to set up
    its generally easy enough to setup, text messaging generally sets itself up. You'll need to set up 3G as well, settings can be found in the sticky in this forum. also, if your sim is quite old you may need a 3G compatible one from vodafone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement