Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fog Lights

Options
  • 23-12-2007 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Gf just rang me to say she got pulled over for driving with front fog lights on.
    Is it legal to drive with them on??

Comments

Someone actually got done for this?

There is a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

texanman wrote: »
    Gf just rang me to say she got pulled over for driving with front fog lights on.
    Good .. at last a Garda doing his/her job.
    Is it legal to drive with them on??
    Yes, when it's foggy. No, when it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Oh dear...can open...worms everywhere....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭texanman

She just got a warning,sorry to dissapoint everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

:mad:. Ah well. Hopefully she learnt her lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

At least she knows when (not) to use fog lights now. In fairness though, the clue is right there in the name.

fair point

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Don't they use the death penalty a lot in Texas? If ever a law was appropriate...

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    Don't they use the death penalty a lot in Texas? If ever a law was appropriate...

This is a measured response

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

nowt wrong with fogs!! was told to turn em off once myself at a checkpoint but no majopr hassle with the coppers!!
    imag2787zp0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

nowt wrong with front fogs!! was told to turn em off once myself at a checkpoint but no major hassle with the coppers!!...told em it was foggy in the wesht!!
    imag2787zp0.jpg
    ...thats not me BTW!!!

esel wrote: »

Yes the death penalty is available is texas.I see nothing in it about fog lights.

http://tarlton.law.utexas.edu/vlibrary/outlines/deathpenprint.html

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

slickmcvic wrote: »
    nowt wrong with fogs!! was told to turn em off once myself at a checkpoint but no majopr hassle with the coppers!!

Nothing wrong with the lights, the mentality of the pricks who leave them on is whats wrong.

As goes what you've tacked on to your other post - you turn them off once you're out of a foggy area. The presence of fog somewhere else does not affect their status in a non-foggy area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

They're only fog lights of they're yellow, otherwise they're driving/auxiliary lights and you can have as many pairs as you like and drive with them on 24x7.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JHMEG wrote: »
    They're only fog lights of they're yellow, otherwise they're driving/auxiliary lights and you can have as many pairs as you like and drive with them on 24x7.

So the really bright red thing on the back of cars isnt a fog light cos it's not yellow?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

JHMEG wrote: »
    Mouth....brain...gear. :rolleyes:

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Stekelly wrote: »
    So the really bright red thing on the back of cars isnt a fog light cos it's not yellow?
    Not paying attention Stekelly? This thread is about front fog lights?

Esel, I'm stating the rules.. you have a problem with the rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

blastman wrote: »
    Oh dear...can open...worms everywhere....
    :D Indeed.
    Front fogs on during the day can be a bit annoying, but it does make the car look pretty cool. Meh, I've seen worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

For Fogs Sake. No more threads about this please. Read the charter...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement