Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where can i get help?

• 23-12-2007 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

its the eve before christmas eve and I put in the pin code wrong in my phone 3 times. now I am supposed to put in the puk code but its just an old phone I got from someone and dont have a puk code.. any ideas where I could get it.. like now???
    sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i didnt know where else to post it:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Go travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Take up a night course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The service provider (O2, Vodafone, etc) are the only ones that can provide the PUK code as far as I know, sorry can't be of more help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

I really think you should consider the phone's feelings here, it may feel violated when you unlock it and it will never be able to commit to a long-term relationship after such an ordeal.

You say it's an old one you got from somebody, it sounds like the phone has slept around, you better get yourself checked just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,487 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Condom, tbh. Anyone who puts it in the third time, after a clear warning, deserves all they get. ;) STD clinic for you. :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

and this is a PI how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

You shuda gone anonymus for this thread...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

this needs to be moved from PI , TCN would be better

/my bad - it's not unlocking it's the sim D'oh

For phone unlocking
    if the OP really wanted the phone unlocked they would have at posted the model and do so on the mobiles forum or even looked at Tech

anyway this is the thead
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061

For sim
    and tomorrow is just another working day , so could still ring your provider

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

PUK is nothing to do with ur phone, it's ur sim card. Ring ur service provider customer care and they can give it to you. Otherwise go to ur network shop and say u lost ur sim card and they'll give u a new one with the same number and u can stick it in the phone and bobs ur uncle fannys ur aunt ul be all set. If u had any phone numbers saved on ur sim they won't transfer over tho. Best bet is ring 02/vodafone etc.

Hmm, just had a thought, u can probably get it online at ur network website.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Gobnait, try contacting the original service provider (that is, if you know the original number the phone was associated with).

To all the other posters, I am disgusted with you. Just because this isn't a PI doesn't mean you should pull the mick.

esel, fobster, super_furry and JC 2K3 banned for one week. Please contact me in one week to rescind the ban.

Thread moved to Mobiles & PDAs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What network is it?

A lot of the networks will allow you to get the PUK by entering your number and date of birth on their IVR system.

You can also get them on the relevent www.o2.ie www.meteor.ie or www.vodafone.ie websites if you're already registered.

Have you still got the packaging that came with your SIM? It's on that.

Pop into one of the network shops (or even CPW or 3G maybe) tomorrow and they'll sort you out.

Or ring customer care tomorrow.

Or try and guess .. you've got 8 trys!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Your service provider's help centre will probably still be in operation tomorrow (Christmas Day), never mind today (I know Meteor are). Just ring them.

Advertisement