Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post on christmas eve?

Options
  • 23-12-2007 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

is there post tomorrow 24th december?when will post be back after 25th?the 26th or the 27th?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Tomorrow? I'd say so but not sure
    Definitly on the 27th, it's a normal business day......unless you're a teacher or a politican ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Nearly everyone I know is off until the 2nd Jan so not just teachers and politicians!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Post will resume on the 27th. The 27th is a Bank holiday not a Public Holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

According to An Post's site, there will be post on Christmas Eve and it will resume on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Gyalist wrote: »
    Post will resume on the 27th. The 27th is a Bank holiday not a Public Holiday.

You sure? :eek:
    I work in a bank and my employer told me it was a normal business day.
    Typical, bank employees working on a bank holiday :mad:

Edit: I've googled this and cannot find any reference to December 27th being a holiday.
    So why the hell are some employees off until January 2nd anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Someone sent me 2 packages from america. Both sent the same day..

1 arrived today (Sunday), I'm so praying that the other one arrives tomorrow and wasn't lost in the christmas rush..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

micmclo wrote: »
    You sure? :eek:
    I work in a bank and my employer told me it was a normal business day.
    Typical, bank employees working on a bank holiday :mad:

Edit: I've googled this and cannot find any reference to December 27th being a holiday.
    So why the hell are some employees off until January 2nd anyway?

I work in a bank and it's a holiday for us on the 27th.
    It literally is a 'bank holiday', holiday for banks, not for the rest (ok, for some of the rest).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm working the 27th and 28th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The 27th through to the 31st of December are normal working days (excusing Saturdays and Sundays). Americans frequently work those days and all stock exchanges and financial markets will be trading from the 27th onwards.

We're lucky here in Ireland that it's a custom for the majority of us to get holidays into the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I'm also working on the 27th. It isn't a Bank Holiday either. If it was, I wouldn't be working it as I only work 2 in the year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement