Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nib laser+maestro

Options
  • 23-12-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

i got a new nib laser card this week and the maestro sign is also on the card.
    according to one of the sunday papers nib have now withdrawn from the banks atm joint agreement.
    what is the significance of all this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I haven't heard of the second part but the first part is because the old Laser/Maestro cards were still operating off National Australia Bank's systems as part of the agreement they had with Danske Bank when they bought NIB. The new cards are due to the Laser/Maestro functions transferring over to Danske Bank's own systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Got my new NIB card the other day and used it successfully in a "Co-op" ATM in Manchester - no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

thanks for the replies. My reading of the article in the sunday tribune is that other bank bank card holders may have problems with nib atm's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

In a similar vein to the AIB debit card replacement I received a new NIB one over the Xmas...

does anyone know why they are doing this ? Did someone hack the chips or what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Search is your friend :)

You should have got/should get some literature to go with explaining the changes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Advertisement