Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company A and Shoddy Merchandise

Options
  • 23-12-2007 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Bought a pre-owned digital camera in <snip>. It was sold at a reduced price because of this. Within 4 month of having boought it the picture taking button came loose and fell of. It was under a 6month gaurantee. They sent it away to be repaired. This took2 and a half months. When I received it back it was unrepaired and with the button missing an with a report saying it was accidental damage.

The camera was preowned which was why it looked a bit battered.

Try explaining this to the staff at <snip> and was just met with a wall of incompetentency and ignorance and a condescending attitute. Basically calling me a liar and saying that I must have dropped it.

FROM MY EXPERIENCE <snip> SELL SHODDY MERCHANDISE, DONT STAND OVER GAURANTEES AND THE STAFF ARE IGNORANT AND INCOMPETENT AND I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Do <snip> really sell 2nd hand gear...??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Firstly, you effectively bought the camera second hand, how long had the first owner had it?
    Secondly, from experience it's very unusual for a button to just pop off.
    Thirdly, I've never seen Any of <snip> sell second hand product's?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

gillo wrote: »
    Thirdly, I've never seen Any of <snip> sell second hand product's?

either have it... i also noticed its the op's first post....mmmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I bought a dvd/vcr combo at <snip> last year and from the beginning it was rather picky as it comes to playing dvd's. As most of them were dvd's i burned myself i didnt bother too much about it but after a while it started to do the same with dvd's i had bought.
    So 3 months after purchase i went back and explained what was going on. 5 mins later i was outside with a new player and to top this.... it had become 10 euro cheaper in those 3 months and got that money back as well.

So you will not hear me complain about <snip>.
    Maybe the poster bought his camera at <snip>?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What action have you taken with the company since then to rectify the situation?

We will offer you advice here, but we do not want you you bad-naming a company without providing details of the actions you have taken. Please read the charter with regard to posting in this forum.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 declan315

Step 1: Went back to shop with camera and detached button and handed it back to staff member who sent it to repair center.

Step 2: Went back to shop 2 months later to collect camera and was told it hadn’t been fixed.

Step 3: Went back to shop 2 weeks after this and was told it hadn’t been returned yet and to call the repair center myself. At this stage asked for replacement camera but was told I needed an authorization number for that to happen.

Step 4: Rang Repair center and was told it was fixed and on its way back to the store.

Step 5: Rang the store a week and a bit later and was told that the camera was there but that it was an “accidental fault” and there was nothing they could do about it and to take it up with the repair center.

Step 6: Rang repair center who told me the camera was fixed and was back at the shop

Step 7: Called into shop, get camera minus the button – so can’t even superglue it back on myself. Have a little chat with salesman, get fed up and leave.

The cameras original price was €149.99 and this company offered a discount of €40.00 because it was pre-owned and had a few dents in it.

The salesman said that the receipt shoud have stated that the camera was not in immaculate condition – as far as Im concerned that what the discount implies – tried explaining that to salesman but no joy.

It seems to me that because I accepted that discount that I’ve lost my right to be covered by the guarantee.
    My next step is this – never to buy 2nd hand electronics again.

Advertisement