Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good FREE DVD player software?

• 23-12-2007 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    anyone know of a free dvd player software for win xp pro?
    am downloading Cyberlink powerdvd at the min and it is taking ages. just want to have a player on a laptop i am selling and also to check an old dell dvd player which isn't connecting at the minute (that could be another problem!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

use this. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/. it will play almost any media you care to mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I didn't know Cyberlink gave PowerDVD away for free.

Just use VLC or WMP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I use VLC also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Yep - VLC is the business.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you could use WMP , download all the patches, sign away your first born and then find it won't play the media without more add ons

vlc just does what it says on the tin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I actually stopped in shock when I saw Capt'n say use WMP!

Then I read the rest of the post and was very relieved :D

VLC here too (although as I'm in *nix it's a given :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭SeanW

Another vote for VLC - for many types of media, it's a waste of time to bother with anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

cheers all for the advice. went with VLC; had used it before and forgot all about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

VLC - plays pretty much everything except Realplayer!

Advertisement