Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name on the back..

• 23-12-2007 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Where can I get Riquelme on the back of my Boca jersey in Dublin? The last time I got a name on a shirt was Given in 1998.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Surely any sports shop will do it. You will obviously have to pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Yeah yeah...but the letter design is what concerns me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Champion do them, saw a sign in the Jervis window today advertising.

Spectacular..cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i got "kdjacl" on a secret boardeuax jersey numerbered 11 ;)

desf ....eh sorry :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

KdjaCL wrote: »

kdjac

People will think youre a big money foreign import.

Till they see you play:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Since this has been resolved, might as well make something out of the thread! :D

Who have ye all got on your various jerseys? Or are you too cool for that sort of nonsense? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

kdjac

If your username is kdajacl why do you sign every post with kdjac?
    Just wondering :confused:

I have Carragher, Alonso, Fowler and Hammann (all different jersies obviously :))

Have Zenden 30 in The CL gold letters, not on a jersey I just have the lettering and number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

The only place that does the proper official print is JJB I do belive. I got Rooney on the back of my home UNited jersey in lifestyle and it was the proper letters and numbers but the material was all felt and is crap. I got the away jersey when I went to the United Chelsea game and got Tevez on the back and the champions arm patches. tis a fine jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Foy 3 on the back of my Rovers jersey ftw

Would never get a real players name on a jersey, i think its gay.

Till they see you play

pfft ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Since this has been resolved, might as well make something out of the thread! :D

Who have ye all got on your various jerseys? Or are you too cool for that sort of nonsense? :)
    Parker 7 (match-worn)
    Parker 19
    Parker 17
    Lundekvam 6
    M. Svensson 11
    Pahars 17
    Beattie 9
    Bale 22

And of course... Le Tissier 7

I just realised I have Ronaldinho on my Barca jersey....poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

micmclo wrote: »

Maybe something to do with him only adding the L part of his username a year/18 months ago(I actually have no idea when he did it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I know this (which worries me slightly).

His name is after his kids names and he had a kid since he joined boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Timans wrote: »

Now there's a fact worth remembering for my Boards.ie edition of Trivial Pursuit!

The only name I have on a jersey is Vidic on the current United home jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Have Riise on last years yellow jersey and Mascherano on this years white. I also have Frode Kippe's jersey from one of his carling cup apperances, very random!

oh and i once got Babb 6 on the red addidas jersey with the strips and Kelly 12 on an Ireland jersey :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Big Ears wrote: »
    Maybe something to do with him only adding the L part of his username a year/18 months ago(I actually have no idea when he did it)

But it doesn't explain why he doesn't add the L when he signs off. Or why some of the letters are in capitals and others are small.

What an enigma!

But it doesn't explain why he doesn't add the L when he signs off. Or why some of the letters are in capitals and others are small.

What an enigma!

It's to keep you guessing. It obviously works. :)

• Advertisement

What an enigma!

I dont like that kid much, an the 2 in caps i like the most :p

kdjac

Then why is the L in the username a capital L?

The mind boggles. :D

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Then why is the L in the username a capital L?

The mind boggles. :D

Ecksor did that :o

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Ive got Keane 10 on the away(navy) jersey. Also, Defoe 18 on the skin tight white with navy sleeves, from about 2-3 yrs ago, and Ginola 14 from way back when. Ive also thrown out a Campbell 23 shirt... Wish i still had it, tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Toure No. 28
    Reyes No. 9
    and Vieira No. 4!

Don't get numbers on jerseys any more ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,824 ✭✭✭Trampas

Montana 16

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i'm not going to get into the old ones but on this years 3 i have

red - torres 9
    white - kuyt 18
    black - alonso 14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Rooney 10 on home.
    Vidic 15 on black away.
    Evra 3 on White 3rd.

I firmly believe in getting names on the back, in the case of Vidic and Evra it lets everyone know that i know that they are absolute legends. Also Rooney 10 just looks good.

I dont like getting Ronaldo 7 because all the toddlers and girls have Ronaldo 7, cult heros are better to get, although Rooney i an exeption.

Ive got weird superstitions, for example, i wear last years home jersey for MASSIVE games as i had it blessed by the tear of the weeping Jesus statue in Medjugorje on the night of the 7-1 thrashing of Roma and i genuinely think its blessed. I wore it for beating Chelsea 2-0 and last week for beating Liverpool. I dont wear my black jersey on matchdays as i wore it when we lost to City. Superstition to the max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Vidic or Evra are hardly cult heroes when they play weekly for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

You gotta get Robbins. The man that saved Fergie.

Or get Dong. :D

• Advertisement

Vidic and Evra, cult heroes? Hardly.

Quality players, no doubt. But certainly not cult heroes.
    Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    i wear last years home jersey for MASSIVE games as i had it blessed by the tear of the weeping Jesus statue in Medjugorje on the night of the 7-1 thrashing of Roma and i genuinely think its blessed. I wore it for beating Chelsea 2-0 and last week for beating Liverpool.

Fair enough. Do you reckon if you always wear it when United play they'll always win so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I firmly believe every time I don't see a game United will drop points. Its happened to me on six seperate occassions. For the purposes of this superstitution, following it on BBC minute-by-minute does count as seeing it, but if I only find out a result after, United always lose. Hence, I rarely miss a game.

Vidic and Evra are slowly becoming cult heroes. Evra for the **** he comes out with week after week. My favorite is when he talks about training with Ronnie, and he says something like, 'Yeh, Ronnies stepovers are great, but he won't do them against me in training, cause if he does, I'll break his legs'

Vidic is slowly becoming a cult hero because he's a hardman in a team of relative wimps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PHB wrote: »
    I firmly believe every time I don't see a game United will drop points. Its happened to me on six seperate occassions. For the purposes of this superstitution, following it on BBC minute-by-minute does count as seeing it, but if I only find out a result after, United always lose. Hence, I rarely miss a game.

:eek:

Im currently filling my car with duct tape, rope and knockout gas and headin to Dublin! Down a well I think is a good option. Can drop down a paper with the result the next day to complete the ritual! Number 19 here we come! (If i can find a similar Arsenal fan anyway..)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

DaveMcG wrote: »

Dunne 22
    Foe 23
    Wright-Phillips 29
    Barton 8
    Barton 24
    Jordan 4
    Samaras 20
    Cooke 11
    Quinn 9
    Zidane 10
    Zidane 5
    Zidane 21
    Xavi 6 x2
    Bresciano 23
    Quaresma 7
    Elano 11
    Cahill 17
    Radebe 5
    Fabregas 15

There's probably a few I've forgotten.I try get all mine done with official printing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

I don't normally get names or numbers on shirts, but I did get Bergkamp 10 on Arsenal's one-season redcurrant shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nah, it was obviously bought on the stalls then, our 11 is still there, it's the "8" that's missing, afair.
    Stekelly wrote: »

Till they see you play:D
    :D How true
    Would never get a real players name on a jersey, i think its gay.
    Agree.
    micmclo wrote: »

What an enigma!

Eh, isn't it obvious?

The "L" kid is obviously the milkman's.
    Timans wrote: »

I think the "C" might be an addition too, originally it was just kdja.

I win the bonus round. Get in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What I often wondered was when he considers the name of his next kid, does he consider his boards username and how it would work even for a spilt second :)

Vidic and Evra, cult heroes? Hardly.

Quality players, no doubt. But certainly not cult heroes.

Fair enough. Do you reckon if you always wear it when United play they'll always win so?

Well, cult heroes in the fact that every young kid gets Ronaldo or Rooney, tell me how many people you see around Dublin with Evra on the back? And then there is Vidic, whos cult i am a part of, Vidicism.

And no, i dont reckon if i wear it every game we will win. Which is why i dont wear it every game. Because should we lose to say, Bolton, the blessing would be gone and to be honest im happy with my 100% record SINCE i had it blessed in one of the holyiest cities in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Last years Home: Rooney 8
    This Years Home: Ronaldo 7
    This Years Away: Nani 17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I have Eto'o 9 on the back of a Barca jersey I have..

Always considered getting Gilroy 11 on the back of my Burton Albion shirt..

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Well, cult heroes in the fact that every young kid gets Ronaldo or Rooney, tell me how many people you see around Dublin with Evra on the back? And then there is Vidic, whos cult i am a part of, Vidicism.

And no, i dont reckon if i wear it every game we will win. Which is why i dont wear it every game. Because should we lose to say, Bolton, the blessing would be gone and to be honest im happy with my 100% record SINCE i had it blessed in one of the holyiest cities in the world.

Two of my mates have Evra and Vidic. They're quite common.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt say common. But ok i realise they arent cult heroes, but basically what i was trying to get at is that every kid gets Ronaldo so i wanted something different.

Actually every kid gets their own name, lol, i used to get my name and my age, Mikey 8, Mikey 9 etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Red Pool - Alonso 14
    White Pool - Mascherano 20
    Cardiff Home - Fowler 8

Thats the one i have at the minute, had loads when i was younger. Think i had McManaman 17/7 on about 8 shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I have Fowler 9 on the red liverpool home jersey. Am considering toaking the fowler bit of and getting Torres put on, but i just cnat bring myslef to do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Two of my mates have Evra and Vidic. They're quite common.
    :D

Do your mates know you say that about them?

DesF wrote: »
    :D

Do your mates know you say that about them?

Hehehe, how droll. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was thinking of getting Kevin Doyle's name and number on my Irish jersey. Does he wear number 9 or number 10 for Ireland?

I was thinking of getting Kevin Doyle's name and number on my Irish jersey. Does he wear number 9 or number 10 for Ireland?

Number 9 recently anyway.

yeah Robbie Keane wears 10.

afaik you can only get the proper FAI lettering in Lillywhites in London, i bought one there with Keane 10 and a 10 on the front 2 years ago and havent seen them in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

Stekelly wrote: »
    Have Zenden 30 in The CL gold letters, not on a jersey I just have the lettering and number.

You dodged a bullet there-you don't want Zenden on your back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Mate of mine has a Kleberson United jersey :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement