Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning a gift voucher

Options
  • 24-12-2007 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Ill keep this short. I stupidly bought three €100 lifestlye sports gift vouchers today thinking i was in champion!!!!!! Didnt want to say anything then afterwards cos i was so imbarested embarrassed.

Anyway, is it possible to return gift vouchers, i know they say on them you cant, but what if i got on with management?

Anyone ever successful in returning a gift voucher?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your chances are probably slim, but if you go there and clearly and politely explain your case, you might stand a chance.

Otherwise I would suggest selling them at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Lifestyle, champion sports, does it matter? They stock the same stuff last time I looked. Be different if you bought a voucher for a butchers....

Nothing to lose sleep over I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

ye i know but its embarrassing, there expecting vouchers for champion. Im never going to hear the end of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

As long as you have the receipt, and hassle a manager politely enough you stand a good chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

mgsrocks wrote: »
    Im never going to hear the end of it!
    Tell them to get over it, there's bigger things in life to be worrying about. People stress too much at Christmas time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I agree ... its a sport shop... small problem for you or the reciever. Donate the voucher to a homeless person and buy another €100 for champion. Problem solved and your helping the needy.

Advertisement