Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Christmas we get we deserve...

Options
  • 24-12-2007 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Watching the endless parade of krismus themed pop nonsense on the 47 music channels I own, I accidentally left Greg Lake's I Believe in Father Christmas on for a bit too long, and saw right at the end, a barefoot child happily running towards a soldier. Hang on a minute, this is not the ending I remember. A simple search online revealed the following in wikipedia:
    The video for this song, the bulk of which was shot in Israel,[3] contains shots of the Vietnam War, which has led to complaints from some that it should not be shown with light-hearted Christmas songs. These images of rocket barrages, air strikes, and mobile artillery are a violent backdrop to a peaceful sounding song and create a hard-hitting message.
    That's the blooming ending I remember! Further googling failed me, so does anybody know whether this was just a 'directors cut' or evidence of pc gone mad, or just that there was 2 diff.videos made and it's up to tptb which one to show?

Comments

Advertisement