Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Airsoft Game!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Also if we all use a refferal code to join we can use the cash for base improvments etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

My games frozen
    I'm traveling but it says 3 ticks remaining even though i clicked on travel 5 hours ago:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mweelrea wrote: »
    My games frozen
    I'm traveling but it says 3 ticks remaining even though i clicked on travel 5 hours ago:confused:

Me too. I think that means the game has ended.

Which is annoying as certain people got one last attack in and others didn't.

*Looks at Vtec*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Yeah, the timer has stopped at 0 ticks.
    I didn't get to hit anyone the last day. I'm all upset :(

o1s1n wrote: »

*Looks at Vtec*

I know!
    *Shakes fist at vtec* :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

*Looks at Vtec*

Bwhhaahahaahaa.,:D
    If ya not first ya last.,:p oh and i just piped you a place too oisin.,lmao.,
    I get all the luck, i think im the only one that go the glitch that gave me between 30-60 points per attack too., hehehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

nice game with you and your team mates, unlike other teams which whines too often

see you next round

thats nice of them., we seem to be fairly well respected for playing as a proper team and not cheating., :)

That's very nice to know, i wonder when the next round is starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The sign up code is twg I think, to get a bit of extra cash when you start again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭TheFlatulator

I am still able to play and attack, i am up to 88th in there

So what was Tony's super secret end game tactic?

BS everyone into thinking he had an ace up his sleeve?

Motosam wrote: »
    So what was Tony's super secret end game tactic?

BS everyone into thinking he had an ace up his sleeve?

PM'd let keep our secrets to ourselves when there
    are watchful eyes on our boards now that were famous LOL! :D

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Thanks for that Evolute :D cant wait for the new round it sounds really good and we will be going in as champions :)

bullets wrote: »

~B

Absolute bastards :D

You were complimented and all on being fair :D

I can talk though, I did some sneaky stuff too, not that good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

bullets wrote: »

~B

Curiosity most certainly piqued, care to share Bullets? :D

I know what it was and it was complete genius, Bullets=Tactical Master!

lads., lets keep the secret weapon a secret
    ;)

lol.,

• Advertisement

The secret weapon is....

Heart, and fair play.

Depleted uranium BBs :)

Just read this on the forums...

Thank you to everyone who played Round 6. We hope that you all enjoyed playing and are looking forward to the entirely new AWZ game.

The final Top 10 Players of Round 6 are as follows (in rank/name/score format):

1 source 33853
    2 SOMER 31450
    3 runawayangel 31367
    4 chessie 31050
    5 Strider 25943
    6 boston 25564
    7 Shiva 25334
    8 JarmenKell 25216
    9 bullets 24573
    10 Exhopek 24443

The highest ranked team at the end of the round was boardsie.

Unlike previous rounds, we will be awarding prizes to the best 10 players plus everyone in the best team. As you are probably aware, the new AWZ will be persistent world based instead of round based; this means that Premium accounts will be more subscription based. Therefore we will be offering the Top 10 players a free 60 day Premium subscription and we will be offering everyone in the best team, boardsie, a free 14 day Premium subscription. If you have won multiple prizes, you will accumulate them

It will turn into one of those games you have to pump money into to keep up I think.

Whats our prize?

Master of the Universe

zero19 wrote: »
    Whats our prize?

A free 14 day subscription.

Boo!!

• Advertisement

thats boll"x,. i was waiting for a load of AEGs or something,.lol

Master of the Universe

vtec wrote: »

I at least expected a TM Type 89 or something similar :(

Is that all????? Ar$e...good game all the same lol

A free 14 day subscription.

Boo!!

14 ? Did you only get 14 ? I got 60. :)

vtec wrote: »

Nah, just 60 days free.

• Advertisement

zero19 wrote: »
    Is that all????? Ar$e...good game all the same lol

Some people got 60. Did I mention me and Boston got 60 ?

No ? Well me and Boston got 60.

:D

you ya bastid!., :p

Thanks Tony...Thanks lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭penguin-o7

whens the next round begin:confused:

Sometime in April afaik

Master of the Universe

Shiva wrote: »
    14 ? Did you only get 14 ? I got 60. :)

Once again I'll blame Vtec on that for pushing me out of the top 10 :mad:

There were only 100 people playing the old free one max I'd say. Can't really see a paid service taking off.

Once again I'll blame Vtec on that for pushing me out of the top 10 :mad:

There were only 100 people playing the old free one max I'd say. Can't really see a paid service taking off.

hahahah., :p

well in fairness, before i went on holiday i was in 6th or 7th, a few places ahead of you.,:p but then i got biatch slapped a few times.,:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Do we not get 74 days free shiva?

Boston wrote: »
    Do we not get 74 days free shiva?

Well, yeah, we did. But you know me....I didn't want to rub it in.

;)

ya even more of a bastid now., lol

• Advertisement

The real winners are the ones that wont be playing that game for 3 months :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Strider1

Ah, so this is where you guys discussed things. Lol, if only I would have noticed this sooner, I might have been able to correct a few things. I thought I did so in the Red Shift forums. But apparently, your lack of understanding things is... interesting, to say the least. But nevertheless, you beat us in a fair game. Atleast that is what it looked like until I read of the "Secret Weapon" you fellows have mentioned. Tell me, was it the fact that we lost those team battles when our upgrades were far more superior to yours? I knew there was some major bull**** with that. And of all things, we got accused of cheating. Tell me this, how is kicking out an inactive player and recruiting someone better, cheating? The logic behind that eludes me... We never kicked out a member that was active. MajDisaster left on his own freewill. And Source and SOMER pulled a smart, but cheap trick. I cannot believe I never caught on to the fact that Exhopek never left his squad to die. Silly me. And I am still amazed to this day of why they would still leave ELITE. UAA-Noypi NEVER had a chance of passing you guys for the lead, and yet, Source and SOMER happily settled for 2nd place? Wtf? I mean, it would have been a close, close game between Elite and you guys if they hadn't dipped out like that... Of course, I know I caught Source cheating, several times. But who cares now?

But nevertheless, fair or cheated, fun game and we were out smarted by our own. Atleast we thought they were. So, was I right about the secret weapon? Are one of you guys some computer genius and you hacked the system and pulled a cheap trick to uneven the odds? It is not like it matters now, games been over for a while now. And they sure are taking a while to get the new one up...

Care to share?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Strider1 wrote: »
    Ah, so this is where you guys discussed things. Lol, if only I would have noticed this sooner, I might have been able to correct a few things. I thought I did so in the Red Shift forums. But apparently, your lack of understanding things is... interesting, to say the least. But nevertheless, you beat us in a fair game. Atleast that is what it looked like until I read of the "Secret Weapon" you fellows have mentioned. Tell me, was it the fact that we lost those team battles when our upgrades were far more superior to yours? I knew there was some major bull**** with that. And of all things, we got accused of cheating. Tell me this, how is kicking out an inactive player and recruiting someone better, cheating? The logic behind that eludes me... We never kicked out a member that was active. MajDisaster left on his own freewill. And Source and SOMER pulled a smart, but cheap trick. I cannot believe I never caught on to the fact that Exhopek never left his squad to die. Silly me. And I am still amazed to this day of why they would still leave ELITE. UAA-Noypi NEVER had a chance of passing you guys for the lead, and yet, Source and SOMER happily settled for 2nd place? Wtf? I mean, it would have been a close, close game between Elite and you guys if they hadn't dipped out like that... Of course, I know I caught Source cheating, several times. But who cares now?

But nevertheless, fair or cheated, fun game and we were out smarted by our own. Atleast we thought they were. So, was I right about the secret weapon? Are one of you guys some computer genius and you hacked the system and pulled a cheap trick to uneven the odds? It is not like it matters now, games been over for a while now. And they sure are taking a while to get the new one up...

Care to share?

No hacking or anything you just got your butt beaten down when it mattered

Master of the Universe

Care to share?

Welcome strider.

You can rest easy, we didn't have any elaborate plans like you're making out. The game did get a little competative at the end, but not so bad that we'd be willing to hire people to hack into systems.

Little over the top! :eek::eek:

Care to share?

No, because we might want to use it again :)

To put your mind at rest though, it wasn't anything illegal, or even something that could be called cheating - it was simply some clever planning and manoeuvring.

Tactical genius all the way, 100% above boards and conforming with the game

we never cheated at all, not once,., anything you read in this thread is exactly what we were expecting you to have been reading all along really, Im shocked your only finding us now, we all expected the other teams to be monitoring this thread., "boardsie" was a bit obvious.,lol so we'd hardly talk about cheating on here when it was that obvious.,
    bottom line is though, we all stuck together and played honestly as a team and it looks like you got f**ked by cheaters who should have played with a bit more honor, from our point of view it appeared that your team was reshuffling everytime it felt threatened by us, our reaction to that was to try harder, and not to copy the tactic,.,

good luck in the next round though, stick to the people who have proved reliable so far and dont change them later on, worked for us.,:)

Hey Strider,

Your self any myself were neck and neck for a while, everytime I passed you
    out I would come in the next day to find you had passed me out again.

There was a lot of misunderstanding I think between the teams where between
    game tactics and bugs and weird things happening in game that people though each
    other may have been cheating but I dont think anyone was.

The Game Manual was sh1te peeps had to figure out how things worked by themselves
    and I still dont know what some things did, and the Base enhancements etc.

I made lots of mistakes like Buying different grenades and not realizing my others would
    be wiped. Buying AEGs that I could not use. Selling something to get enough funds
    to buy something else and then not having enough cash to buy what I wanted and
    even to travel to another square etc.

One small advantage we had when in our teams was that we were all familiar with each other
    before forming the teams. We all posted here and knew each others handle's etc.
    Some of the other teams were a random bunch of strangers grouped together who got to know each other
    but were unsure where those players loyalties lay. with the two boards teams we knew
    that all (or most) players would be loyal to the teams til the be bittter end.

~B

I never want to play that game again :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Strider1

Alright, I see, to be having some dificulties here. I PMed O1s1n about it, not sure if you asnwered, but if you did I can't view my messages either. Having the same problem I told you about with it too. So if you did write back, if you could post it here that would be most appreciated. But in the meant time, I can't quote or anything, so I will have to reply to your posts in this manner.

Evolute - "No hacking or anything you just got your butt beaten down when it mattered"

Really? Not to be an ass or anything, but I do believe I finished on top of you guys. No offense, just fact. Sorry to bust your bubble :pac:

O1s1n - "Welcome strider.

You can rest easy, we didn't have any elaborate plans like you're making out. The game did get a little competative at the end, but not so bad that we'd be willing to hire people to hack into systems.

Little over the top! eek.gifeek.gif"

Hmm, if you say so. Forgive my forward thinking. I still have questions about that game that remain unanswered, but it is not you guy's fault, so I apologize. But you are right, it did get competative. Real competative. A lot of bull**** too. Like I can remember attacking people with NO WEAPONS and lose.

Shiva - "No, because we might want to use it again smile.gif

To put your mind at rest though, it wasn't anything illegal, or even something that could be called cheating - it was simply some clever planning and manoeuvring."

I see... Fair enough mate :)

May I add that you, Shiv, were a pain in the ass lol :p It took the whole freaking game to get by you. Well played.

vtec - "we never cheated at all, not once,., anything you read in this thread is exactly what we were expecting you to have been reading all along really, Im shocked your only finding us now, we all expected the other teams to be monitoring this thread., "boardsie" was a bit obvious.,lol so we'd hardly talk about cheating on here when it was that obvious.,
    bottom line is though, we all stuck together and played honestly as a team and it looks like you got f**ked by cheaters who should have played with a bit more honor, from our point of view it appeared that your team was reshuffling everytime it felt threatened by us, our reaction to that was to try harder, and not to copy the tactic,.,

good luck in the next round though, stick to the people who have proved reliable so far and dont change them later on, worked for us.,smile.gif

Indeed? I had no clue wtf boards.ie was. I was just searching a-wa names on google and stumbled upon this thread lol. Gotta love google. But to reasure you, we never kicked out a member who was active. They were either a week or more inactive. And common sense for us was kick them and get someone active with a better score if possible. But alas, we ended up with 3 people who never planed on staying... Need I mention their names?

bullets - "Hey Strider,

Your self any myself were neck and neck for a while, everytime I passed you
    out I would come in the next day to find you had passed me out again.

There was a lot of misunderstanding I think between the teams where between
    game tactics and bugs and weird things happening in game that people though each
    other may have been cheating but I dont think anyone was.

The Game Manual was sh1te peeps had to figure out how things worked by themselves
    and I still dont know what some things did, and the Base enhancements etc.

I made lots of mistakes like Buying different grenades and not realizing my others would
    be wiped. Buying AEGs that I could not use. Selling something to get enough funds
    to buy something else and then not having enough cash to buy what I wanted and
    even to travel to another square etc.

One small advantage we had when in our teams was that we were all familiar with each other
    before forming the teams. We all posted here and knew each others handle's etc.
    Some of the other teams were a random bunch of strangers grouped together who got to know each other
    but were unsure where those players loyalties lay. with the two boards teams we knew
    that all (or most) players would be loyal to the teams til the be bittter end.

~B"

Ah, the infamous bullets. And yes, there where so many bugs in that game, it cost me and our squad a lot. But I am sure everyone had the same problems, not just us. But it was fun. I am looking forward to the next round suprisingly. Maybe fate will hold a different outlook on whos on whos team ;)

Advertisement