Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

regarding a boxer dog

• 24-12-2007 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

I have a boxer nearly 15 months old now and my Aunt has one thats probably the same age (maybe a little older) I notice my boxer's coat seems to be heavier than the one of my aunts!

My Aunts one when you stroke her is feels realy tight and mussely... is it my dog has yet to loose all her puppy coat?

Might sound like a daft question but if anyone owns a boxer They should know what im talking about :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Hi Spongebob,

I can stand to be corrected but your dogs coat can depend on whether they are an indoor or outdoor dog. If they are outdoors most of the time in this weather they will grow a heavier coat than a dog who is predominately indoors.

As well as that there will be individual differences between dogs much the same as there are individual differences in hair thickness in humans.

Essentially so long as they are happy and healthy (and with boxers a bit puppy mad) don't worry about it.

Happy New year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Rogueish wrote: »

As well as that there will be individual differences between dogs much the same as there are individual differences in hair thickness in humans.

Bang on, 12 different pups from the same litter could all have different types of hair. Just like us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

And a happy new year to you too Rogueish

she does be out most of the time as we have a rather small size house never the less she is a very fit dog and a happy one at that walked twice a day and plenty of love and attention :)

happy new year all!!

Advertisement