Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Appeal

Options
  • 24-12-2007 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Seeing as it is the season of good will, I was thinking how about giving Ol' Estebancambias a chance.

Now as you know I'm not one to blame others for my actions, but I just feel me and Terry got off on the wrong foot, and seeing Terry has stepped down perhaps AH would like to experience a new and improved Esteban.

I only write this as from reading my other thread I have been indefinetly banned from AH.

Ok I created a fake account, but this was only because of my burning desire to partake in the general banter which goes on in AH. Is that not evidence that I have changed, as I did not troll with that account?

I know perhaps we have not got on, but if you can find it in your heart to forgive a sorry soul then surely we can live in a better place for everyone.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A ban isn't just for Christmas, it's for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well, I'd probably unban you if I was an AH mod. Not like there's anything of great importance on AH anyway, so you're not exactly going to mess things up too much. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Its actually been three months.

Karlhungus4mod

Asked in Fitness Forum, about rapid weight loss even though binging...my reply was 'Gypsy curse', can AH really do without this wit?

• Advertisement

Karlhungus4mod

Hell no! I know I'm a whore for places to mod, I wouldn't want to mod AH unless I got payed for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

In all honesty, you are one of the biggest tools ever to grace boards.ie, at least in my time anyway.

So yes, without doubt, After Hours needs you!

Without trying to seem like a great person here, I actually have good level of respect for posters(soccer thread, personal issues(in some threads) but when I see people who have a pre conceived agenda, I don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Start drinking. Its alot of fun, really
    Give up the 1300s Catholic Church morality on nekkid women
    Tim McVeigh aint cool kids

If you adhered to the above, yeah, Id lift it.

But i aint got no power. The Man keeps me down......

Like you said ''your one of the biggest tools'..this is just something I would not say..I might call someone an idiot for posting something which is obviously so influenced by propaganda, but it would not be directed at the person.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How is calling someone an idiot not directed at them?

Start drinking. Its alot of fun, really---I know you say this in jest, but that will never happen.
    Give up the 1300s Catholic Church morality on nekkid women-Yeah while I am at it, I should just treat a women as an object, rather than having true feelings for the person.
    Tim McVeigh aint cool kids-Dead right, he is interesting though.

How is calling someone an idiot not directed at them?

Idiot, a foolish or stupid person....in the case of Monkeyfudge on the Atheist board, commented on how the place he/she works should not be allowed have signs up saying ''true spirit of Christmas''...

This was an idiotic comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Start drinking. Its alot of fun, really---I know you say this in jest, but that will never happen.
    feck off to France and all them other weak drinking nations.
    Give up the 1300s Catholic Church morality on nekkid women-Yeah while I am at it, I should just treat a women as an object, rather than having true feelings.
    there are other ways to treat them?
    Tim McVeigh aint cool kids-Dead right, he is interesting though.
    all right i've seen this name bandied around a fair bit in relation to esteban and i gots to ask, Who the Fnck is Timothy McVeigh?

Eh *coughs* google *coughs*

He was the Oklahoma bomber, some loons thought I admired him because I made threads on AH about him, which I thought was the most suitable place as I was not too aware of other forums on boards to put it in at the time.

Anyway I'm not here to paint myself as some sort of innocent party, frankly I was a douche, but what bad will come of letting me back in?

1 more ban from AH and I am site banned from Boards.

Idiot, a foolish or stupid person....in the case of Monkeyfudge on the Atheist board, commented on how the place he/she works should not be allowed have signs up saying ''true spirit of Christmas''...

Saying something someone says is idiotic and calling someone an idiot are two completely different things. Saying something is idiotic is directed at someones argument or opinion. Saying someone is an idiot is directed at the person themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The ban was agreed upon by several moderators, not just Terry.
    I have lifted the bans on 4 or 5 users tonight, given the season, etc. and yet strangely it didn't occur to me to lift the ban on you. Odd that. No.

Perhaps you wanted to invite me back personally? No?

I like Terry, indeed I voted him mod of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

i thought that having multiple accounts allowed for an immediate site ban regardless

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Give up the 1300s Catholic Church morality on nekkid women-Yeah while I am at it, I should just treat a women as an object, rather than having true feelings for the person.

pfft, bitches aint sh1t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P3Wc-37pC4

We wantz ta fcuk nowhatimsayin. We gon get some liqour, we gon gettit on gurl!

I dunno man, I dont think boards wants quotes from its forums used by the media when a school gets shot up.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Idiot, a foolish or stupid person....in the case of Monkeyfudge on the Atheist board

I'm usually a fan ... but ... you don't mess with the 'fudge :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ha.. have you seen my building? There were about 50 of these 'Spirit of Christmas' signs up all over the foyer. It's a public building that is supposed to serve all members of the community. Different races and religions.... It was pretty over the top.

I don't mind the tastefully decorated xmas tree that they put up... but it all seemed a bit much this year... (although the fact, that we as tenants have to pay for the xmas tree is a bit of a kick in the balls.)

Although, as it turned out I rather enjoyed the little xmas party they put on there on Friday... It had African carolers and everything. I even gave a little talk about all the good work I do throughout the year.

Oh and there was a cake sale for charity.... my favourite was athe rice crispie cake fashioned into the shape of a big xmas tree. And there was a raffle for big hamper, which my secretary won.

But yes.. bah humbug indeed... The spirt of the season can't consume me for long...

But I do think wee estebancambias should be let back into AH.

This thread needs more eels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

feck off to France and all them other weak drinking nations.
    I resent that remark, I'm doing my best. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

but when I see people who have a pre conceived agenda, I don't like it.
    Ummm, LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I say let him back in! The spam he provided was used to help build up barriers against other trolls. Better the troll you know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I say let him back in too. Its only AH and he wants to make the effort. Plus he doesnt take cocaine.

I really will make the effort....it is my New Years resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Proposal:

Reinstate esteban for the 12 days of Christmas and then review his ban. If he's been a good boy then just reactivate the ban from AH, and if he's been bold then...

Advertisement