Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH Appeal

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Karoma wrote: »
    What debate? Nobody has put forward one valid argument so far.

For the craic, like. How's that for a valid argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The closest we got was akin to 'he isn't being quite as much of a dick in other forums' - he has been a bit of a dick in other fora. Check.

That was part of the initial problem. Outside of AH there had been little problem with him but in AH he was getting into trouble over and over again so the decision was made to ban him permanently for the benefit of everybody.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

nesf wrote: »
    That was part of the initial problem. Outside of AH there had been little problem with him but in AH he was getting into trouble over and over again so the decision was made to ban him permanently for the benefit of everybody.

Can't ye just give him his own forum? Like the antiPI. Oh no wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

If you look at the Atheist forum, I have not been upto anything...that is the yardstick on which I should be judged in my opinion.

You wont be banned from the AH forum for acting the monkey on the athiest forum, or any other forum.

So why should be let you back in based on your actions based in any other forum?

You were banned becuase you were a tool far too many times in the AH forum.
    Im all for letting people have chances, but when someone takes the piss too many times, this is what you get.

This isnt the libertarians club, and it isnt a domocracy. You're banned becuase you cause too much of a mess, and our job is to ensure that a forum runs snoothly for the other users. You dont allow that, so we remove you from the equation.

It really simple. Perhaps other people that feel they can continue to take the piss in forums will also learn from this lesson. Consider yourself a martyr to the Boards.ie 'you reap what you sow' cause.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Can we set an unbanning date or a particular event which allows me to get back in?

For example, if God appears or failing that Ireland beat Italy?

Or how about a specific date, like two years from my date of banning which is sometime in late September 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Can we set an unbanning date or a particular event which allows me to get back in?

For example, if God appears or failing that Ireland beat Italy?

Or how about a specific date, like two years from my date of banning which is sometime in late September 2009.

It was given: When hell freezes over.

So like your saying even if I was on boards for 20 years I can't get back into AH? Like I'll be dead by then.

Well, right now I'd be willing to give you an IQ test and let you in if you get over 80... but, no - hell freezing is when it happens; if that happens in <= 20 years... Sure.

Fire ahead. Pardon the pun....ehhhhhhhh. I would say I would get about 130, if maths is not involved,

• Advertisement

Really? Language wouldn't be a problem? You seem to have some difficulty comprehending English so far.

A in the Leaving Cert is my response to that statement....Karoma.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

This guy is good at English.

There is an a in Leaving Cert.

:eek:

Also White Wash man said the issues still have not settled down with me, but as the elder statesmen(and women) of boards die out, I will eventually be a regular. Should I not be in AH to keep up the heritage of After Hours?

Also I'm not going to ever post any more Timothy McVeigh, wannabe intelligent crappy political threads etc. again.

People made it out as if I was some kind of Stormfront nutjob, when in complete contrast I'm as liberal as they come. I'm pro-immigration, well discounting the Akunle kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

esteban - your not funny. You are in fact, a retard.

I'll sue you for deflamtion Archimedes. By the way I think that was over the top, considering I only know your name from the soccer forum.

If you think I'm a 'retard' you obviously have issues with me, if you have any problem you can PM me and perhaps we can sort out our differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I will eventually be a regular. Should I not be in AH to keep up the heritage of After Hours?

NO, and Ive banned plenty of regular users, as well as plenty of people who have been here as long as I have as well.

My friend, you are not being let back into AH.

Ive given you my reasons, you can feel hard done by, but its not going to change anything.

End of discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Oh shut up, both of you. (That would be esteban, and the guy who posts pics of his 'oul doll all over AH/CP&L).

/shakes head.

Esteban, it isn't going to happen, and you know why.

I'm not saying you're never going to be a productive poster, or even one of those users that just gets on with it and no one ever hears about, but you aren't that beast now.

Keep the head down, treat this place with a little more respect, apply a little more cop on in the future, and you never know...

The thing is I'm not saying I deserve to get back into AH, but to be fair a lot of my early threads, particulary the American, and Timothy McVeigh ones were just there to create discussion. I was called a troll straight away, when I assure you this was never my intention.

However I do concede that after a while I embraced the whole thing and began acting like a moron. Also for some reason during that spell I was acting weird, in real life as well.

I know that if I was back in AH, I wouldnt do anything like this again, and while I accept your decision to keep me banned for the near future, when you say 'you will never get back in' and mean never in its literal sense it seems unfair.

Like some of my comments were no worse than the little tongue in cheek comments that happen in AH with. regards to religion.

If I said Atheists will bring the world to an end this is trolling, but someone says religion and its acceptable-see 'How the world will end' thread.

What exactly was he banned for?

• Advertisement

In a nutshell: Being too much of a muppet. Really - being so much of a muppet that it gets you banned from After Hours is not a good thing.

No look I deserved the banning, but like this is getting to me so much I may end up posting in PI.

In a nutshell: Being too much of a muppet. Really - being so much of a muppet that it gets you banned from After Hours is not a good thing.

Yet someone posts a picture saying 'where is your God now', and I laugh at it. Why is this not considered behaving like a muppet? Oh because on boards, its not an insult to offend someones beliefs? If I did the same thing, with an anti-Atheist slogan I would be told I'm trolling, thats the truth.

The Archimedes guy says I'm a retard, and that is nothing.....I was banned from AH for calling someone a retard, this is why I'm not in AH anymore.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm as liberal as they come

The evidence to date suggests otherwise.

Well I do hate liberals, but I am as moderate as they come. Did I ever post anything Racist?

No look I deserved the banning, but like this is getting to me so much I may end up posting in PI.

Knock yourself out. Please.
    You have PI, Soccer, Atheism&Other15yearoldemotypes, even (*shudder*) Parenting... there are plenty of other fora for you to post in. If you're behaving in them: good for you and good for them.

As for Archimedes: I don't moderate Feedback; if I did: He'd be banned. You have a problem with what he posted here? Report it. Don't compare a post with any post in After Hours on that basis alone - it's stupid. I'll miss your argumentative skillz and wit the most.

I bet if you gave me five days in AH, the name of estebancambias would be completely reverted.

If I didnt know any better Karoma, I hint a bit of sarcasm. Oh and I don't have a problem with it, I realise Feeback does not have mods.

After reading through all my threads in AH, I wish to drop my appeal. Like a thread on gun control, what was I thinking? Actually if I just stop posting with this name, can I register again in like two years with a new name?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm as liberal as they come
    Well I do hate liberals, but I am as moderate as they come.

If I say you don't come across as moderate will you then say that you hate moderates but you're as conservative as they come?

Did I ever post anything Racist?

What's that got to do with anything. I know some serious American, right-wing, religious conservatives who would be among the most anti-racist people I know.

• Advertisement

I just went to look at esteban's previous threads posted and was greeted with the message that I am banned for Thread Spoiling until the 18th of January?

Eh..?

Advertisement