Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

.NET Question

• 24-12-2007 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Just curious about this one.

Firstly I haven't the faintest idea what .NET framework does but I seem to be gathering a collection of different ones.

I have .NET 2 Sp1,3 Sp1 and 3.5(on XP home)

I kind of have a policy of removing unnecessary software,so my question is - does NET 3 do everything that 2 did and can I remove 2 ?

Thanks

Seven Worlds will Collide

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

.Net 3 (and 3.5) is basically an extension to .Net 2, and requires 2 to be installed to work. 1.0 and 1.1 can be removed, however.

.Net is a series of libraries and tools upon which software can be built. In order for programs built on it to work, the framework needs to be installed, in much the same way that a Java framework needs to be installed for Java apps to run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Thanks for that information cousin !

Merry Christmas

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

.Net 3 (and 3.5) is basically an extension to .Net 2, and requires 2 to be installed to work. 1.0 and 1.1 can be removed, however.
    I've at least one app that won't install if you don't have .NET 1.1 on the machine, it just won't accept .NET 2 as a substitute.

Anyway the best ad. for .NET is http://www.getpaint.net

Advertisement