Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #20 - Led Zeppelin IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The xmas Rock/Metal Album Of The Week is certainly a worthy one. G'wan the zep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Incredible album - my favourite song is Rock N' Roll but When The Levee Breaks is incredible. Obviously Black Dog and Stairway To Heaven are about classic as rock gets as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭ec18

To put it simply,
    The best there is, The best there was, The best there ever will be

It's the execution of excellence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

One of the best albums ever. stairway to heaven, battle of evermore, rock and roll, all classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

The week I dont vote for it it gets in. Essentail stuff. I actually love the bside, when the levee breaks is a monster track

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Hands down, the single greatest albm ever recorded.

It is a masterpiece from the tapes rewinding at the beginning of Black Dog to the final fade out of When the Levee Breaks.

....not to mention the fact that Cameron Crowe wrote it into his 'five point plan' in Fast Times at Ridgemont High

[the "five-point plan"]

Mike Damone: First of all Rat, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi."

Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it."

Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Hands down, the single greatest albm ever recorded.

It is a masterpiece from the tapes rewinding at the beginning of Black Dog to the final fade out of When the Levee Breaks.

....not to mention the fact that Cameron Crowe wrote it into his 'five point plan' in Fast Times at Ridgemont High

[the "five-point plan"]

Mike Damone: First of all Rat, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi."

Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it."

Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV

Only for him to play Kashmir.:)

I sometimes listen to the first and last minute of the album over and over, it's that good.

Although I've never liked Stairway To Heaven as much as everyone else seems to. When somebody played to me in school a few years ago I was bored until about 4-5 minutes in. I've grown to love the song since but I still think that When The Levee Breaks deserves the praise more. Everything about it is perfect from the drums at the start until the ending, the best ending of any album I've ever heard or are likely to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Every single song on it is an absolute cracker, such a fantastic album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I prefer Led Zeppelin II. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

An absolute classic album, not one bad moment. Rock & Roll is my favorite Led Zep song, sucha rockin song. I prefer Led Zeppelin 1 though :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

I and III are better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

ec18 wrote: »
    To put it simply,
    The best there is, The best there was, The best there ever will be

It's the execution of excellence

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

funktastic wrote: »
    I and III are better.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Classic, i had tears in my eyes when i saw them play Stairway to Heaven and Rock n Roll Live last december.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

IV and III are my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

For some reason I can't warm to it. Good tracks abound but I think Stairway sits on it like a hefferlump. But then, I like Presence a lot! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

My fav Zeppelin album. There is no filler on there. Youve got your classics like Rock n Roll, Stairway and Levee. But youve got stuff like Misty Mountain Hop, Battle of Evermore and Four Sticks which are underestimated. Then tracks like Going to California are brilliant too. Have I just listed the entire album!:) Its all a masterpiece from start to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

The first zeppelin album i' ever bought, but far from my favourite at this stage.

Still, it will always have a special place in my heart as the hole in the ceiling down through which i fell into a whole new world of sloppy yet magical jimmy page guitar solos and crazy lyrics delivered to perfection by robert plant, all backed up by my all-time favourite rhythm section in the form of bonham and jones.

Advertisement