Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned From Mobile forum

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sully wrote: »
    Perhaps, a bit overboard. I just disagree and am expressing that comment. You would as well, if you felt the same. I would not go as far as suggesting he was on a power trip.

But it seems to me you did suggest he's on a power trip:
    He got banned for it, unbanned and now the mod decided to go power crazy and ban em for another week for the sake of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

But it seems to me you did suggest he's on a power trip:

Seems that way to me too karl.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The above statement is in regards to the second ban. Not the first.

I do feel its a bit power crazy to repeat the ban, but at the same time I see where he is coming from.

And there you go, give an inch and take a mile. There was no second banning as there was no second offense. The op was given a break here but you're making out that he's been hard done by because phytia was nice enough to commute the ban temporally. The only thing you're achieving here sully is creating the impression that revisiting banning is more hassle then its worth.

The above statement is in regards to the second ban. Not the first.

I do feel its a bit power crazy to repeat the ban, but at the same time I see where he is coming from.

I don't particularly agree with it either, it's a little arbitrary at this stage, but it's only a few more days. Slap on the wrist really, and not worth getting too worked up about it, and certainly not worth accussing anyone of being power crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

ok thanks for the help, happy new year to ye all.

Dan

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Boston wrote: »
    And there you go, give an inch and take a mile. There was no second banning as there was no second offense. The op was given a break here but you're making out that he's been hard done by because phytia was nice enough to commute the ban temporally. The only thing you're achieving here sully is creating the impression that revisiting banning is more hassle then its worth.

PHD has not taken a mile, and I dont think I have. Considering, I wasnt banned. There was a ban, removed as the mod felt it should be pending a re-evaluation by the original mod. It was then enforced for another week, as the mod felt he needed to learn his lesson. I disagree, and made my opinion clear. I dont like keeping my opinions secret on such matters.

Anyway, iv discussed it with the mod and we both know where we stand and thats really all that matters. The case is closed in my eyes.
    I don't particularly agree with it either, it's a little arbitrary at this stage, but it's only a few more days. Slap on the wrist really, and not worth getting too worked up about it, and certainly not worth accussing anyone of being power crazy.

I see your point, im just not the type that wont keep quiet if I dont agree with something. :)

ok thanks for the help, happy new year to ye all.

Dan

And to you too Dan. I hope this is an acceptable outcome for you?

I see your point, im just not the type that wont keep quiet if I dont agree with something. :)

I certainly hope you'll be able to stand over the comments you've made in this thread, less you look like a hypocrite in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well if one good thing has come out of this thread (apart from the Op getting a perm ban reduced to a week) is the way a user should present their case.

I have to say that the OP in this instance was more than courteous and stated his case clearly and concisely. Maybe this thread could be pointed out to others who come along shouting about that bollix of a mod over in the bally-kiss-me-arse forum banned me without any just cause.

• Advertisement

Boston wrote: »
    I certainly hope you'll be able to stand over the comments you've made in this thread, less you look like a hypocrite in years to come.

lol your a funny chap Boston. This kinda case crops up a few times on Boards, its not the first time. Would have thought you would have known that! :)

I have no guarntee PHD wont turn into a prick, but I do think (like others, incl. other mods) he is genuinely sorry and I hope that he wont act the prick. I dont think he will, but I cant promise that. Nobody but himself can.

Thanks for expressing your concern though. :)

muffler wrote: »
    Well if one good thing has come out of this thread (apart from the Op getting a perm ban reduced to a week) is the way a user should present their case.

I have to say that the OP in this instance was more than courteous and stated his case clearly and concisely. Maybe this thread could be pointed out to others who come along shouting about that bollix of a mod over in the bally-kiss-me-arse forum banned me without any just cause.

Couldn't agree more. As I was saying to Boston, we get these the odd times but hardly enough. I guess, the other ones provide us with amusement! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 d0nny2600

Amandac please check your mail and get back to me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

d0nny2600 wrote: »

?? Amandac hasn't posted on this entire thread. :confused:

Perhaps you should use the PM facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

d0nny2600 wrote: »
    I'll Pm you if you want :D

Some Strange people out there.I will also pm you if you want, anything you wanna talk about? I charge 100Euro a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Some Strange people out there.I will also pm you if you want, anything you wanna talk about? I charge 100Euro a minute.

Well, someone has to pay for the advertising i suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

rkm wrote: »
    Well, someone has to pay for the advertising i suppose. :)

LMAO!

I'm free.
    benifa wrote: »
    LMAO!

Advertisement