Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet radio gone bad

• 24-12-2007 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Before I start accusing my Logic box for failing, is anyone else having trouble with slow connecting times, buffering and general lack of co-operation from thier internet radio?

I'm wondering if its the Reciva software...to be continued.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Don't rule out your ISP?

You are not downloading anything big on your PC or anything? Try downloading a big file (like from openoffice.org) and see how long it takes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope its not that, its only a 1mb line but having done a download test its working to its fullest extent. The buffering was happening when PC doing nothing.

I've just powered it up again and will see if its any better (I was streaming on pc via winamp without any problems which is why I wondered about Reciva).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Working fine here, I've tried a couple of things...

Powered on from plug.
    Went to listen to my stations, Classic FM. OK.
    Went to browse for a station, chose the UK, then went to XFM London (playing McAlmont and Butler's "Yes", what timing by me!) and its fine.

So, with that test, it's loaded the stations from the Receiva database without issue.

Typically its now behaving fine even during a few download video files (purely for test purposes you understand!). The station I'm listening to now - aTTeNTioN sPaN raDiO was hopeless (hanging 99% buffers, and silent bits) now its grand. The New Waves 0180s is still poor the moment you browse some kbps it breaks down and rebuffers slowly. Oh well, some stations are just flakey even with a modest 64 stream.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

doing a "speed test" isn't really going to determine it's not a fault with your iSP it could be just between your isp and A particular sever or you might be seen enough packet loss to cause a rebuf which you wouldn't notice downloading a file or browsing the web.

the problem will troubleshooting these thing is there is just too many variables that can affect a single connection that is beyond you or your isp's control

I don't know a lot about Reciva but iirc it's just an agregator pulling from all around the world so it's not even Reciva's server's etc open to correction on that part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭vinnielo

Incidentally, if you're after a cleaner list of UK/Irish stations for your Reciva radio... http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/reciva.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dammit, mine was getting a "Low Signal" reading all day yesterday, and we haven't moved anything in the place.

I was just half-dozing listening to fivelive, the PC was in sleep mode but the kbp rate fell from 64 to worse than MW standard ie about 8 kpbs then it reverted to 44 kpbs where it is as I type having refreshed pages etc. The probem is no-one is working to keep the interweb working! Boo.

Mike.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Haven't used my Logik in a while, but have it running now, and it seems OK.

Must update my Reciva list though, as it's rather short. Must check out the link posted by vinnielo

Just registered. I await my e-mail

Mike.

• Advertisement

Okay its up and running.

5 station lists broken down as

rp.asp: RealPlayer stations
    wmp.asp: Windows Media Player stations
    mp3: Streaming mp3 stations
    irish.asp: Irish stations
    comm.asp: Community radio stations in the UK and Ireland.

And yep its quicker than loading and scrolling through the whole Stations/Region/Country lark

Mike.

Advertisement