Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonsai Trees

Options
  • 24-12-2007 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a bonsai tree, or a good supplier of them in Ireland? Google only turned up trees.ie, which has a grand total of two listed. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

In Dublin, bonsai shop in powerscourt centre.
    Also you can get them usually in Atlantic homecare etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Saruman wrote: »
    In Dublin, bonsai shop in powerscourt centre.
    Also you can get them usually in Atlantic homecare etc.
    It might be a seasonal thing, but I can't find them in Atlantic Homecare or Woodies or any of them. Also that bonsai shop's website is offline. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Website might be offline but they are still going... just head in. I heard a radio ad for them during the week.

I got a bonsai for my dad last year in Atlantic.. an avid gardener... It was dead within a week. I think he did not listen to me and gave it too much water or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Yes they can be pretty delicate little things. In Japan, apprentices are given pruning shears on their first day, but don't touch a watering can for four years, so they say. The oldest bonsai in the world is over 270 years old. Thanks for the info, I'll give those lads a call and see if they'll post me a catalogue or something, since their email is probably down too.

Advertisement