Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats next for Kennedy?

• 24-12-2007 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

What a rollercoster year this guy had in 2007! When the year started, he was set to break through and become a world champion, and now he seems stagnated and gone backwards. It has seemed that everytime he is ready to make one step forward, he is brought back two steps for one reason or another, sometimes because of circumstances outside of his control, other times, his own fault.

He started the year off with a ton of momentium, beating Benoit in 3 minutes to get a title shot against Batista. While the match was a bit crap, Kennedy came out with still looking strong. He then became Mr MITB, and seemed guartenteed to get a title run. When Taker got injured, Kennedy seemed like the natural choice to take the title from him, but then Kennedy himself got injured, and was in fact misdiagnosed. Had he not been initially ruled out for 6 months, I'm sure he'd have been given the title instead of Edge.

He was then drafted to Raw and he was still due to be given a mega push in Vince's death angle, but the Benoit tragedy put pay to that. He was then due to be Vince's bastard child, but he was included in that pharmacy list ,and lied about his steroid use.

Since he's come back from suspension, he has basically acted as jobber to Jeff Hardy, his entrance is getting a little stale, and his in ring performance have gone from watchable to poor. He's now in a decent programme with Shawn Michaels, and IMO, he needs to step up to the plate now, or end up stuck in the mid-card for a long time, ala Carlito.

He's come a long way in the space of a year, but unfortionaly in the wrong direction. Is Kennedy the next Austin, or the next Carlito?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well I've read Austin saying that he thinks he's listening to too many people and it's resulting in him losing his direction.

Personally I've never understood the hype for the guy. To me he's one of the most overrated guys around. I can only recall around two matches of his that have impressed me and I find his mic skills poor and his gimmick a pain.

I'd like to see him float about in mid-card. Can you imagine if they'd put the World Title on him? I found the idea horrible and it seems time has shown that to be the case. The WWE dodged a real bullet there.

Is Kennedy the next Carlito or Austin? I think he's the next Luger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

About what Austin said, I've heard that Kennedy just tries to take on too much advice and tries to fit in everyone's ideas instead of just being himself, leading to inconsistency because he's not applying the same formula every time. It seems to be the case

I wasn't mad about the guy at first. Then he had a couple of decent matches and a funny promo which sort of warmed me to him. Great match with Matt Hardy on SD that he had. But after that he didn't really show much. Since he's come back from his last injury or suspension, whichever it was, he's had some of the worst performances out of all the WWE wrestlers this year. But he's still managed to have some good matches in between those performances. So I think that there's obviously potential there, if only he'd repeat what he does right and just stop all the things that he's doing wrong, which are obvious

What's next for him I think rests on this feud with Shawn. I've heard it said before, if you can't have good performances with Shawn Michaels, then you've got a problem. So either he'll end up in a big feud with the likes of Lashley or Jericho come Wrestlemania, or he'll be the 8th wheel in the MITB or stuck in a tag match with Santino and Carlito

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

He's lost the swagger and confidence that made him so successful and now he just isn't as good as he was at the start of the year. Being honest im not sure what he should move onto.

Advertisement