Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

out of the box !!

Options
  • 24-12-2007 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

big help needed here, Got my daughter a nano 8gb, dont have usb2 connection, want to give her a nano with some music on it, I believe I have to plug it in to my pc and download something on to it. Basically what I hace is a pc with xpHome and all updates and thousands of mp3s on there. Lets start with Open the namo box...Ps I only have a usb 1 ? connection, but Itunes is bang up to date and a very fast 2 meg broadband connection...I have to give this to my little girl in the morning....Help, And keep it simple/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

MarinoMark wrote: »
    big help needed here, Got my daughter a nano 8gb, dont have usb2 connection, want to give her a nano with some music on it, I believe I have to plug it in to my pc and download something on to it. Basically what I hace is a pc with xpHome and all updates and thousands of mp3s on there. Lets start with Open the namo box...Ps I only have a usb 1 ? connection, but Itunes is bang up to date and a very fast 2 meg broadband connection...I have to give this to my little girl in the morning....Help, And keep it simple/

USB 1 and 2 is based on the hardware in your PC, nothing to do with iTunes, broadband, XP updates etc

As your PC must be a few years old, you will need to purchase a USB 2 card for it, they aren't expensive:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=335104

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think you'll actually be OK with the USB1 connection, only problem will be that it will take a bit longer to transfer the files than if it was a USB2 port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

thanks, on the right path now !!

Advertisement