Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trim to Kilcock roadworks

Options
  • 24-12-2007 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Are there still loads of road works between Trim and Kilcock?
    I went that way a few weeeks ago and there was 7 areas where the traffic was down to 1 lane with lights

Cheers
    Dec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Haven't been that way in a while, but i'd imagine there are.
    Was a pretty big task they were untertaking!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

Was that way yesterday, only 2 sets of lights now, the roads much better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Still works ongoing, but its much improved. My last journey, there was only one set of lights so the delays are nowhere near as bad as they were.
    I also noticed that where the new roundabout is (on the Kilcock side of Summerhill) they've managed to create a magnificently sharp bend approaching the roundabout. Maybe they'll remove it when the works are done. I hope so anyway.

Perhaps I spoke too soon. The removal of lights may have just been for Christmas as the ones in Summerhill are back. I imagine we'll probably see a few more turning back up again soon too.
    It looks like it'll be a great road when its finished, and there's a great view of the lights of the city from near the Kilcock end when its dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I travelled on it last week for the first time in months, and there was only one set of lights very early on from the Kilcock side, and then clear to Summerhill.

Looks like I'll be taking the Enfield to Larcore road again. :( Longer, certainly, but it moves.

• Advertisement

DMC. If you're heading to Kilcock, would you consider the way through Pikes Cross? If you take a left at the new roundabout after Summerhill, up there about 10 miles there is a turn on the right that takes you to Kilcock through the backroads.
    I'm not sure where Laracor is, but when I travelled from Trim ti Kilcock, this way took exactly the same length of time as going through Summhill without the roadworks. AFAIK its exactly the same lenght, just bandy roads. From Trim, I used to turn right off the Dublin road towards Culmullin, straight up that road to Pikes Cross junction, and straight through this junction to Kilcock. You can go this way from Summerhill too, you just dont get to go through Culmullin.
    If this might be any use, let me know and I'll see if I can get it on Mapquest and post it up.

Ah cheers! I'll program Dashboard Daisy with your route :)

Laracor is the junction on the Trim-Summerhill-Kilcock road about 3 miles outside of Trim that sends you to Enfield. My route is Naas Road to Kells, via Enfield. Yesterday, I did it in 1hr 25mins.

Here ya go, this might help.

On the Dublin road from Trim, you are looking for a big sign that says Dunshaughlin to the left and Culmullin to the right. Take this right (it comes very quickly after the sign) and just straight all the way. I've drawn a purple line alongside the road that you need to follow. Pretty much straight all the way, at the main cross roads, straight again, then just follow the road. There are a couple of small turns off this road onto little C (of F) roads, but just keep an eye out for the signs pointing for Kilcock and you'll be grand.
    Be aware though that these are not good roads, and be careful of Pot craters.
    NOt sure if this helps for your specific route, but sure someone might find it handy.
    Knowing my luck now there'll be traffic jams on that route now :rolleyes:

Edit, the purple line BTW is beside the road you need to follow, its not the actual road.

Thanks! Virtual rep +1 to you :)

Is that the road that passes close to the RTÉ LW transmitter? If so I know it, and its a tight twisty one.

DMC wrote: »
    Thanks! Virtual rep +1 to you :)

Is that the road that passes close to the RTÉ LW transmitter? If so I know it, and its a tight twisty one.

Quite close alright, although the road from Summerhill r'bout to Pikes cross takes you closer to it.

Was just on the Navan to Trim road through Dunderry this evening, jaysus the ice is unreal. Slid sideways onto a grass verge on a blind corner. As a result, I am now enjoying my beer most heartily.

I laugh every time I see the town of Agher too. Not sure how its pronounced, but every time I see it, I do a pirate "aaarrghhh".:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement