Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xBox vertical or horizontal

• 24-12-2007 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hey, Just a quick q, I was wondering is it better to have an xbox flat on its side (horizontal) or standing up(vertical)? I'll be getting my 360 in a few hours now:D and I was just wondering?

Vertical or horizontal? 32 votes

Vertical
    0% 0 votes
    Horizontal
    100% 32 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Uncle mo-fo

I would defo have it lying down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Doesn't make a difference. 2 of mine are standing while the other one is lying down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭prod_igy

kensutz wrote: »
    Doesn't make a difference. 2 of mine are standing while the other one is lying down.

Why do you have 3 xboxs??

I leave mine horizontal, heard too many bad stories about leaving it vertical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I leave it vertical but I really don't think it makes a difference although its probably more likely to scratch a disc if its lying down.

I actually have 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I've had mine vertical for the past two years, just for looks and to save space really.

It has no reall effect on the console at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I leave it vertical but I really don't think it makes a difference although its probably more likely to scratch a disc if its lying down.

How do you figure that? the vast majority of dvd/cd players are horizontal (computers, Hi-Fi's, DVD players etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Stekelly wrote: »
    How do you figure that? the vast majority of dvd/cd players are horizontal (computers, Hi-Fi's, DVD players etc)

Tbh I don't really think it makes a difference whether its horizontal or vertical,but as a lot of people know the 360 has a habit of scratching discs easily due to the laser being to close to the disc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I had my PS2 vertical for nearly two years without a bother.

Had my xbox vertical once and it chewed up my guitar hero 2 game beyond repair :(:(:(:(

learned that one the bloody hard way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

kensutz wrote: »
    I actually have 4

Yeah I have to ask too...
    I presume you have media centre / are streaming videos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

He's a software pirate...yarr

Horizontal, don't like the noise of the disk spinning vertically.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Vertical.
    But how might having it vertically damage it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

jayteecork wrote: »
    Vertical.
    thats the million dollar question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

jayteecork wrote: »
    Vertical.
    i have heard of the disk scratchings stories but alot seem to be blamed on moving the console while the disk was spinning...

i have had mine vertical since launch and have never had a problem

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    i have heard of the disk scratchings stories but alot seem to be blamed on moving the console while the disk was spinning...

i have had mine vertical since launch and have never had a problem

Heh said words may invoke the infamous red ring if you don't touch some wooden product soon!

I am also vertical, btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

First one was vertical and died. Second one is horizontal, yet to die but the first lasted 9 months before problems set in so who knows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I used to have it horizontal but now have it vertical to save space and haven't noticed any difference. Scratched discs are due to moving/hitting off the console while the disc is spinning or you've got a bad drive.

zabbo wrote: »
    He's a software pirate...yarr

Horizontal, don't like the noise of the disk spinning vertically.

Not even close :rolleyes:, one for each region and capitalise on an error by PC World.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

From a ventilation point of view, you'd think vertical would be better.

But a few people have said to me that vertical increases the chances of various internal wobbly bits (technical terminology there) becoming loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I never thought so many people would have it vertical, I always thought it was annoying getting the CD in when vertical. Also when using the 360 and someone knocks it over can ruin the game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I have mine vertical because of space requirements. I seem to have problems trying to get the drive to eject while there's no disc in it and find myself having to turn it horizontally.

Advertisement