Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Christmas...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

I go to mass every Sunday for the comedy aspect, tis a great laugh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

fobster wrote: »

Got boring after the second season I found. The writers ran out of good material.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

5uspect wrote: »
    Got boring after the second season I found. The writers ran out of good material.

Yeah it's only repeats they have nowadays, no new stuff for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

fobster wrote: »

There are far funnier ways to spend your precious time.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I am not one for Irish pride,

I am....

toasted with a bit of cheese :D

Right I'll get my coat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

DaveMcG wrote: »
    If you're realy an atheist then you'd never go to a church, ever, not even for a family members wedding/ funeral.

Why's that, then? If I go to a buddhist temple am I then a buddhist? A mosque and I'm a Muslim? Or does it just make me "less" of an atheist if I humour my family at anniversaries, or observe tradition during this, the Christmas period?

Mammy's boy :p

ah well at least your not one of these 'catholics' that only goes once year at christmas there much worse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yay I didnt even know this forum was here!!!!

I havnt gone to mass of any kind except weddings and funerals for the thast 15 years thankfully. Though i am an Atheist I respect my friends/family's wishes for me to be at weddings or funerals even though the entire process/organisation disgusts me and I feel disrepectfull to religous believers by even being there.

I did go to a wedding on new years eve, it was one of my best friends and there was no way I could not have been there, no matter how much I felt against the whole ceremony.

I cant understand people that would go once a year just for the sake of it or for the laugh....Id find watching paint dry way funnier then watching a priest "preach".

Anyways im glad i found this forum. Must debate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Good to have you aboard :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I went to mass on Christmas Day, just tagging along, and the priest's sermon was the biggest load of garbage I've ever heard. It's like he was just making it up as he went and doing a very poor job. There was something about a plane taking off in WW2 and it being like god lifting us all up to him, and this summed up the spirit of Christmas somehow? :confused: Gotta say I wasn't really buying it myself. Most of the other bits (of the mass) I'd heard a few times before. Lots of repeats alright :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement