Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One house single account

Options
  • 24-12-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭

i am looking for a mmo that's out now or coming soon that'll lets a few pc connet to the same account and play over a home network,

does not have to be the same game may be something like sony access, but as that does not allow seperate pc to play the same or different game on the one account it's a no go.

i am being asked for this as broadband will become availible soon in our area and the cost of having a number of account is unappealing.

thanks for any help you can give

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

As far as I am aware no such product exists (legally) that allows multiple people to connect from the one account as this is ultimately one of the defining characteristics of any MMO.

The only thing I can think of that would work as you described are standard multiplayer games. These exist in multiple varieties of FPS, RTs and adventure type games.

But realisitically, considering the amount of play time any one person can get out of most modern MMO's the costs attached are not that much. Alternatively you could purchase a single account and share it between all parties and while this is often a breech of the End User License Agreement and just down-right poor account security, it is one of a few solutions you have available, given the requirements you've specified.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

The only way I could think of would be to go down the Free to Play route as with those it's usually the item mall you are charged either for micro-transactions or an optional subscription, while the actual accounts are free. There's a list of ones you can try here. The main downside to these is that generally they aren't up to the same level of quality and polish that subscription based MMOs are.

As for upcoming ones, I haven't been paying that much attention to free to play ones, the only one I can think of off the top of my head would be The Agency, but that isn't out for at least another year.

Advertisement