Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

need new exhaust - opinions

Options
  • 24-12-2007 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Need a new exhaust for my integra type r and was just wondering if anyone would like to throw in there opinions on what to get?

am just getting a backbox, nothing else, cant be expensive and dont want it to be loud either so was wondering if anyone knows of any that would suit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

back box's are not that expencive , mainly you are just paying for the label on it. i reccomend buying a 5 zeign 3" , not too loud , dont loose performance.

should cost 100-200. whatever you do , dont buy the one for 77 euro out of halfords ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

The HKS silent hi-power exhaust has a lovely note of it, nice and rumbly through the gears but nice and quiet at driving/motorway speed. I have one on my Glanza. Not sure if they me em to fit the ITR though..Their made for the CTR so im sure you could get it to fit..It cost me 450 for the full system from manifold back so it would be about 180 for the backbox alone..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

S.I.R wrote: »
    back box's are not that expencive , mainly you are just paying for the label on it. i reccomend buying a 5 zeign 3" , not too loud , dont loose performance.

should cost 100-200. whatever you do , dont buy the one for 77 euro out of halfords ;)

^^^:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    do not get a 3" 5zigen it is crazy loud esspecially when vtec engages im changing mine, if i were you id get a mugen twinloop very quiet off vtec and no performance loss. they can be expensive but quaility seconhand ones can be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Talk to Icetronix.. you can pick up a Decent DC-Sports or Tenzo cheap n' Cheerful backbox.. for around 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Where'd ya get this saxoduff "HKS silent hi-power exhaust". Been looking for one of these but in murraymotorsports about 750 before fitting costs. Was going to wait till back in uk until got it but thats too good a price to walk away from (450) :)

• Advertisement

deceit wrote: »
    Where'd ya get this saxoduff "HKS silent hi-power exhaust". Been looking for one of these but in murraymotorsports about 750 before fitting costs. Was going to wait till back in uk until got it but thats too good a price to walk away from (450) :)

I got it on eBay for £325 mate, Theyre different prices for differnt cars though, the ones made for evo 7-8s are £500 so the price will depend on what car its for..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

SaxoDuff wrote: »
    I got it on eBay for £325 mate, Theyre different prices for differnt cars though, the ones made for evo 7-8s are £500 so the price will depend on what car its for..

€800 for the ITR!!

draffodx wrote: »
    €800 for the ITR!!

Thats the price for quality man!:D

students cant afford quality!! :D

draffodx wrote: »
    students cant afford quality!! :D

Sure thats what the grant is for :D ..well for me anyway..Its just bought a JAM ecu for my Glanza:cool:

• Advertisement

I dont get the grant unfortunately, priced a skunk2 straight through system for €600 fitted, anyone know if there any good? loud or quiet enough?

Advertisement