Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pin strip

Options
  • 24-12-2007 6:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

lollers, many happy returns Do-more :)

just gonna post what I posted over on the Pin there a few minutes ago in case anyone is interested:
    First, off happy christmas to all you pinsters, hope you have a great one.

Second, I'm looking for a name for this little application so if you have any suggestions please feel free to post below

Finally, I've been putting this together over the last while and I'm hoping all you Pinsters will appreciate it.

It is basically a browser toolbar which sits under your address bar but within the toolbar it alerts you (very discreetly) and shows you the topic of recent news stories from CSO , Indo , IT , price drops , blog posts , forum posts from all of your favorite sites.

It also has a built in radio player of most of the major Irish and UK radio stations as well as allowing you to stream podcasts / live press briefings from the likes of the ECB.

So it's basically everything a pinster needs in one very handy tool. This is a work in process so please feel free to add suggestions and I'm also looking to add more content to it so please feel free to suggest.

The installers are only about 1MB in size so not too big and the links are below, hope you enjoy:

Click here to download Mozilla Firefox version

Click here to download Internet Explorer Version

Also, after installing click on the small + sign on the left hand side and select Property IE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

gah , i'm using an old version. i'll see why now :(

try downloading the firefox version straight from this link. that should work

thats a strange one as I just installed it there on a freshly downloaded version of mozilla without that popping up.

did you try downloading it from the second link I posted?

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

Hi,

Like the toolbar but would prefare to be able to select my own forum links?
    shows you the topic of recent news stories from CSO , Indo , IT , price drops , blog posts , forum posts from all of your favorite sites

and i can only see news stories from irishexaminer.com, would like to see links to irishpropertywatch.com too?

IPW will be working on the toolbar soon just waiting for whizzbang to do something for me hopefully :)

news stories has irish times , independent , RTE as well as examiner. they're in alphabetical order have a look further down the list

Advertisement