Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ark of Truth Leaked

• 24-12-2007 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭

A copy of the movie has been leaked.
    It can be watched in a streamed version at the moment.
    I wont post any details here but if you want details feel free to PM me.
    If a mod says its ok, ill link to the video.

Update: The video has been removed already but the DVD has been leaked so have fun everyone

Happy Christmas everyone :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,215 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

when is is due to be released officially?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

March I believe

edit: from IMDB

Release Date:11 March 2008 (USA)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Merry Christmas to ye all!

Now I'm not sure I'd want to see a half-finished cut of a movie. Best to wait for the real thing.

Apart from 1 scene towards the end it looked pretty finished to me. :D
    And that scene involved some special effects that have yet to be made special.

Of course its for each person to decide if they want to watch it, just letting everyone know it's out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

If people watch this instead of buying/renting the DVD then it will be the last we see of SG1....

a TV show is one thing , but this is quite another....

• Advertisement

Of course a person can't do both... :confused:
    Of course i'll be buying it when it's released like every fan will.
    But one thing i'm not doing is waiting till March to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

wow... and i thought we were lucky get the season premiere of Atlantis leaked a week early.
    Cheers for the info rkm.

As far as the 'piracy damaging the franchise' discussion goes, IMO, if the movie is good, it will probably only suffer very slightly from piracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Was enjoyable enough, pretty much a feature length episode. I'm sure i'll add it to the collection when it comes out.

There were some pretty dodgy special effects throughout really that could use a few touch ups (and will i hope) but i won't complain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jhegarty wrote: »
    If people watch this instead of buying/renting the DVD then it will be the last we see of SG1....

+1 but seriously if the movie is quality id buy the DVD. its like watching BSG on stream but I still have the first 2 seasons on DVD as well cos i liked them that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭childoforpheus

Tauren wrote: »
    when is is due to be released officially?

According to Play.com it is due to be released on 14/04/2008 in the UK and Ireland. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Take it the video isn't DVD Quality?

Conor108 wrote: »
    Take it the video isn't DVD Quality?

No, it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

jhegarty wrote: »

Well if the quality of this is any indication of future SG-1 movies I seriously hope it is the last we see of it.

Absolulte rubbish. I know they had to come up with a bit of a gimpy story to tie everything up into 90 minutes but my God this was awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 murdoc8

science fiction is dead, thank you scifi channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I haven't seen the leaked version, but I probably will at some stage. I will buy the DVD though, I really like the Stargate Franchise, and would like to see it kept alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

mcgarnicle wrote: »
    Well if the quality of this is any indication of future SG-1 movies I seriously hope it is the last we see of it.

Absolulte rubbish. I know they had to come up with a bit of a gimpy story to tie everything up into 90 minutes but my God this was awful.

You've just crushed my hopes and dreams of SG1 becoming a decent film series :(

robby^5 wrote: »
    You've just crushed my hopes and dreams of SG1 becoming a decent film series :(

Well I'm sorry to crush your hopes, I really wanted it to be good too. I can't really explain why I hated it so much without giving away massive spoilers but the basic point is that the whole thing just smacked of extremely unimaginative and lazy writing.

The film is about 100 minutes long but when any of you watch it what will become painfully clear is that the writers are unable to use this time. The actual Ori story itself (which was terrible too) only came in at about an episode's length. The really bad part is the totally ridiculous way they have filled the rest of the time. A derivative little crises that is absolutely out of context in this film and has nothing to do with anything related to the Ori. It was just terrible, so bad Ed Wood himself could have come up with better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

murdoc8 wrote: »
    science fiction is dead, thank you scifi channel

Huh?

Battlestar Galactica comes from the scifi channel, and i dont watch tv but its my understanding that the scifi schannel show things like the outer limits

How scifi be dead if its still on and still has such massive dvd sales and also if the channel you accuse of killing it actually airs it?

User45701 wrote: »
    Huh?
    How scifi be dead if its still on and still has such massive dvd sales and also if the channel you accuse of killing it actually airs it?

Its scifi channels fault Battlestar is ending now, sure it probably wasnt going to go on longer, but the fact that they wouldnt confirm a 5th season was a factor in why they decided to wrap things up this season.

SciFi also killed stargate. In general, they dont go by dvd sales figures they go by ratings, and with the advent of DVR ratings have been dropping drastically as of late. And since SciFi shows have relatively small audiences compared to mainstream shows they get axed quicker.

Anyway, in the end I think most of us would agree the Ori plot was fairly weak from the off, maybe the second film will be better? I personally love the idea of having stand alone movies with no huge story archs or continuing plots, sorta like the early days where sg1 didnt need to have INTEL about an Ori superweapon to go to a planet they just went exploring to make allies/find technology.

but sci is not dead thats what i dont understand.

• Advertisement

Well this is one of the biggest lulls in scifi history in a long time.

Star Trek/Sg1 both off air having being huge hits of the last decade and poor ratings for the big scifi shows like Atlantis/Battlestar, its looking bleak in fairness... once Battlestar is gone we're kind of ****ed.

Star Trek/Sg1 both off air having being huge hits of the last decade and poor ratings for the big scifi shows like Atlantis/Battlestar, its looking bleak in fairness... once Battlestar is gone we're kind of ****ed.

I agree that Sci Fi is dying off but in fairness I don't think Sci Fi channel are to blame. If idiots want to watch the latest celebrity dance/singing/desert island reality rubbish which costs about a tenth the amount it costs to make a sci fi show then obviously tv networks (which are businesses lets not forget) are going to invest in these sure fire and cheap to make winners over the comparitively expensive and niche targetted sci fi.

True,

But what about Starfighters the pretorian issue

http://www.starfighters-pi.com/

OMFG! im not kidding they have actually updated the site for the first time in almost 2 years! - i just spotted that now i was giving you the link for the lol

its comming out in 2008 lol i thought this show was going to be like dukenukem forever.
    Full story of the show is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036722&highlight=praetorian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I agree that Sci Fi is dying off but in fairness I don't think Sci Fi channel are to blame. If idiots want to watch the latest celebrity dance/singing/desert island reality rubbish which costs about a tenth the amount it costs to make a sci fi show then obviously tv networks (which are businesses lets not forget) are going to invest in these sure fire and cheap to make winners over the comparitively expensive and niche targetted sci fi.

McGarnicle....how did you rate season 9 & 10?

And us getting it only one month after America....I find that a little hard to believe.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Science fiction, as a TV genre, is not in good shape. A flash intro for one series is not indicative of any state of good health and with just "Stargate: Atlantis" surviving into a new season after BSG, we're on very limited fare (I've heard no word recently of any developments on the new Stargate series).

Even in novels, there's a strong reluctance to often admit that certain novels are science fiction, instead labelling them as the better-selling fantasy. This is a topic covered in the latest SFX and recently in the Sunday Times where Bryan Appleyard discusses how science fiction is being heavily set upon of late.

In TV, the science fiction angles we'll get to see are those contemporary shows which have exotic elements - "Lost" or "Eureka" for example. No show now seems to be willing to put itself several hundred years in the future and really ask the big questions and ponder them. It's very expensive and it seems audiences want more simple fare that they can easily involve themselves. Even though the hardcore fans might be loyal DVD buyers of a show this will often not be enough, especially when DVD profits may not even go to Sci-Fi directly the way advertising revenue does.

Anyone else find there's still a disdainful attitude to sci-fi in general and until there's more movement in that, we may see this lull continue.

Untill the genre dies a death.
    And then in forty years time, people will cry out for it and then we will be knee deep in H.G. Wells wannabes, and tv shows set in the future.

McGarnicle....how did you rate season 9 & 10?

And us getting it only one month after America....I find that a little hard to believe.

I'd rate most of those two seasons as pretty poor, there were some good episodes and some absolute stinkers. Overall I wasn't too upset to see it cancelled.

That's not to say I wasn't hoping for good things from these movies but this one was just bad. The writers are clearly still in tv writing mode and are incapable of making a compelling story last for 100 minutes, hardly surprising since they were rarely able to put a good 45 minutes together over the last couple of seasons.

ixoy wrote: »
    Science fiction, as a TV genre, is not in good shape. A flash intro for one series is not indicative of any state of good health and with just "Stargate: Atlantis" surviving into a new season after BSG, we're on very limited fare (I've heard no word recently of any developments on the new Stargate series).

Even in novels, there's a strong reluctance to often admit that certain novels are science fiction, instead labelling them as the better-selling fantasy. This is a topic covered in the latest SFX and recently in the Sunday Times where Bryan Appleyard discusses how science fiction is being heavily set upon of late.

In TV, the science fiction angles we'll get to see are those contemporary shows which have exotic elements - "Lost" or "Eureka" for example. No show now seems to be willing to put itself several hundred years in the future and really ask the big questions and ponder them. It's very expensive and it seems audiences want more simple fare that they can easily involve themselves. Even though the hardcore fans might be loyal DVD buyers of a show this will often not be enough, especially when DVD profits may not even go to Sci-Fi directly the way advertising revenue does.

Anyone else find there's still a disdainful attitude to sci-fi in general and until there's more movement in that, we may see this lull continue.

I don't know there is an anti sci-fi attitude, I honestly just think it's a matter of cheap reality drivel replacing original and often more expensive work.

TV is a business, not an art form.

When I started this thread it was a happy thread. Now it's depressing. :(

****ing reality/celebrity bull**** tv.

• Advertisement

I'd rate most of those two seasons as pretty poor, there were some good episodes and some absolute stinkers. Overall I wasn't too upset to see it cancelled.

That's not to say I wasn't hoping for good things from these movies but this one was just bad. The writers are clearly still in tv writing mode and are incapable of making a compelling story last for 100 minutes, hardly surprising since they were rarely able to put a good 45 minutes together over the last couple of seasons.

Ok then.
    I'd disagree with you, so I can keep my hopes high for the movie.

Advertisement