Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6300 crashing

• 25-12-2007 3:08am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently upgraded to a Nokia 6300. Its a great phone (as far as Im concerned) but the feckin thing is doing my head in.
    Frequently the phone crashes. I could be in the middle of a call and suddenly I get a white screen and it will either reset itself or I have to power off/on again. Either way I have to ring the person back and explain.
    It seems that some people hav had issues with these WRT strange characters within their contacts names but this doesn't apply to me.
    Coincidentally, my boss has the same phone and I found out on Friday that hers also crashes spontaneously.
    Has anyone else come across it?
    I went back to the Vodafone shop in Stillorgan and they weren't much help. I could drop it in some place in Sandyford but tbh, I think I might just demand a replacement from the Vodafone shop.
    I have upgraded the firmware and there isn't any downloaded crap on it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Both myself and Mrs. Dunne have a 6300 and neither of us have ever had any problems like you describe.

Must be a faulty unit.

I'm with Meteor, she's with O2, btw.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I left the phone into the Mobile Phone Repair Company as instructed by the vodafone shop yeaterday morning. When I rang at lunchtime it had failed QA and was going to be kept in overnight. Collected it this morning after it was repaired (crystals replaced?). About 4pm a call came through and the old familiar buzzing noise that occurs before it crashes was evident, so it looks like I'll be going back to get a death certificate for it.

Advertisement