Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a bar for my 18th

Options
  • 25-12-2007 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Its my 18th this weekend and I'm goin out to town with some mates and friends
    from college.

Can someone recommend me a nice bar/pub to go to that is easy to get to, but wont be jam packed or filled with skangers.

Thanks for any help/info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I always have a good night in Doyles, decent crowd and buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

'mezzers' or maybe its 'messers'.... not too sure which one it is but always a good night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

pljudge321 wrote: »
    but wont be jam packed or filled with skangers.
    *Tripper* wrote: »
    I always have a good night in Doyles, decent crowd and buzz.
    Doyles is always completely jammers, even moreso on a weekend. Terrible place to have a weekend birthday IMO
    SRFC90 wrote: »
    'mezzers' or maybe its 'messers'.... not too sure which one it is but always a good night!
    "Messrs Maguire" is a better choice, good one. Shouldn't be too packed, nice crowd, decently priced homebrew beers, it's large and is good enough for a laugh. Plus you get free guaranteed entry into Q bar after when it closes. Bit crap but you won't care at that stage of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

ApeXaviour wrote: »
    Doyles is always completely jammers, even moreso on a weekend. Terrible place to have a weekend birthday IMO

"Messrs Maguire" is a better choice, good one. Shouldn't be too packed, nice crowd, decently priced homebrew beers, it's large and is good enough for a laugh. Plus you get free guaranteed entry into Q bar after when it closes. Bit crap but you won't care at that stage of the night.

Where abouts is that place, I've never heard of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

never mind, found their website, place looks nice.

Thanks for the help guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Dont tell them its your 18th.
    If anything, say its your 21st..most pubs wont let you book if its your 18th.

Advertisement