Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MicroKorg

Options
  • 25-12-2007 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hey just a quickie here,

I wanna buy this microkorg, thought i'd go for the limited edition one

http://www.thomann.de/ie/korg_microkorg_bk_limited.

But I was wondering I have Logic Studio and a Macbook Pro, will the MicroKorg work with this?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Well unless you've got midi ports on your Macbook you're only option is direct audio in. It's pretty much a standalone unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Sorry should have mentioned getting one of these babies do the job?

http://www.thomann.de/ie/maudio_fast_track_pro.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

*Tripper* wrote: »
    Sorry should have mentioned getting one of these babies do the job?

http://www.thomann.de/ie/maudio_fast_track_pro.htm

yup that's do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Woo can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Tipper dude you do know that the keys on them are sh1t small?

Either way I think they is over-rated 4 real. (Sorry Im going through a wigger phase)

Just a warning!

Alesis Micron or Novation Xio might be other worthwhile alternatives. Heck for a couple of extra sheckles you might even find a second hand Korg MS2000 or Micro X if you have a look around.

Yo GOod luck bro, and keep it TIIIIGHT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

do NOT buy an ms2000, theyre absolute muck

however id agree with the recommendation of a micron over the microkorg, absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

are you sure you need a hardware synth? i mean the microkorg is not exactly the most unique sounding synth ever built and it seems you are fairly new to the whole thing.

i mean running midi interfaces and running the audio back to your DAW and all that seems a fairly unnecessary process what in these days of cheap softsynths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

In fairness, I think everyone wants to have at least one hardware synth in their arsenal.

By the way, there must be something in the air, or maybe its the time of year, but so many people (including myself) seem to have a serious gearlust virus at the moment.

mmmmm I just said virus...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

womoma wrote: »
    In fairness, I think everyone wants to have at least one hardware synth in their arsenal.

By the way, there must be something in the air, or maybe its the time of year, but so many people (including myself) seem to have a serious gearlust virus at the moment.

mmmmm I just said virus...

yeah but judging by the OP, a microkorg really wouldn't be that useful. It seems that there's a lot of novelty about hardware synths.
    It's understandable about some of the higher end ones (as they have some great sounds) but I think people are too willing to spend money on something they really do not need.

In saying that, I'm on the lookout for a JP-8080 for cheap. I used one for about a year and hated almost every sound that came out of it. But it seems to be stuck in my head to get it as you can do some great cross modulation stuff on it.

Advertisement