Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to play COD2 Multiplayer

• 25-12-2007 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭

I got my little brother COD2 as a christmas present but the multiplayer doesnt work. The single player works fine but multiplayer crashes and gives the following error message.

[Window Title]
    Microsoft Windows

[Main Instruction]
    cod2mp_s.exe has stopped working

[Content]
    Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.

[^] Hide problem details [Check online for a solution and close the program] [Close the program]

Can anyone help out here? I tried finding an online solution but that does no good
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are you using XP, or Vista, how much RAM do you have, and what graphics card do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Sorry, should have put that in first.

Vista, 1gig of RAM, Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT 256MB Graphics, dual core AMD ATHLON 5600+ processor

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

right click the shortcut on the desktop for multiplayer and select run in compatibility mode

image%7B0%7D.png

right click the shortcut on the desktop for multiplayer and select run in compatibility mode

image%7B0%7D.png

No, still no dice I'm afraid.
    Have the same problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Try disabling the onboard sound card. Seemingly it's fixed the problem for others.

• Advertisement

It worked, but the games not the same without sound
    :(

Is there anything that can be done for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

How about a new sound card, cheepo sound-blaster?

How about a new sound card, cheepo sound-blaster?

Ha, I thought I was getting one with the PC.

I bought an Audigy Soundblaster thingy with my PC when it was offered but it turns out to be integrated.

Where would be a good place to buy a new one?(I'm new to Ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Ha, I thought I was getting one with the PC.

I bought an Audigy Soundblaster thingy with my PC when it was offered but it turns out to be integrated.

Where would be a good place to buy a new one?(I'm new to Ireland)
    I don't know if you have Maplins in Galway so I'm going to say PC World or if you don't mind waiting for delivery komplett.ie or elara.ie or even eBay.ie...

Advertisement