Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, when does Dublin get back to normal?

Options
  • 25-12-2007 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Sorry if I come across as some moaner who can't tolerate things being closed for more than a day but...

I need to get my sister a birthday gift as she is coming to Dublin tomorrow, just wondering if any of the larger department stores (BT, BT2, Stephen's Green SC, Dundrum...) will be open?

Anyone know what's happening with the Luas tomorrow... is it back to normal?

Are many restaurants going to get back to normal tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I feel u on that... no cabs, no buses, no trams... it's like a standstill! Erm i think everything should be normal tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I would really doubt many of those shops are open, could be wrong but the Blanchardstown Centre doesn't usually open on Stephens Day. As for the luas, this link has the details.

http://www.luas.ie/ul/183.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Re: public transport - usually a 'Sunday Service' on St Stephen's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Given it's the season of yuletide and profit I can't really see you having a problem getting a shopping center open tomorrow,I'd bet my christmas socks liffey valley will be open anyway.Even today where I live there where 2 spars,a londis,one corner shop and 2 garages open,all within a mile of each other. The days of stocking up on anything are long gone I think,you'd wonder what all the fuss was about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Yeah I have to get into Arnotts, and Gamestop, will they be open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

dubtom wrote: »
    I'd bet my christmas socks liffey valley will be open anyway

Hope they're nice ones, Liffey Valley is closed.
    Yeah I have to get into Arnotts, and Gamestop, will they be open?

Arnotts is definitely closed, I'd be 95% sure Gamestop is as well.

dubtom wrote: »
    .Even today where I live there where 2 spars,a londis,one corner shop and 2 garages open,all within a mile of each other
    Part of the reason that you will see many more convience shops open on Christmas Day now is that these shops are usually staffed by non-nationals from non-christian backgrounds.

Working on Christmas Day is not really different from any other day to them whereas traditionally it was difficult to get Irish people to work on the biggest holiday of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I'm in urgent need of a shop or chemist today that sells baby formula...I had half a tub but it exploded in the boot of my car and now I'm majorly up sh*t creek, have one bottle left for babs...can anyone point me in the right direction? I'll drive to pretty much anywhere in Dublin at this stage.

Shelli wrote: »
    I'm in urgent need of a shop or chemist today that sells baby formula...
    Contact you local hospital - they may have a list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I had thought of driving into the hospital shop in Holles St, but I think they're closed. Just thought I try here first.

Not one website for the larger supermarkets has christmas opening hours listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

A chemist open on the ballyfermot road up to 30 minutes ago,I'd say they open till 1 or 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Most spars or eurospars are open today, why not try the website??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 orwellgirl

hi shelli
    i know its a bit late for you now, but might be helpful for future reference to know that mccabe's pharmacy opens on both christmas day and st stephen's day - its their branch in malahide that opens - but there maybe others also. a friend of mine had to go to the d doc on christmas day and got her prescription filled at mccabes.

orwellgirl wrote: »
    hi shelli
    i know its a bit late for you now, but might be helpful for future reference to know that mccabe's pharmacy opens on both christmas day and st stephen's day - its their branch in malahide that opens - but there maybe others also. a friend of mine had to go to the d doc on christmas day and got her prescription filled at mccabes.
    I was just talking to Mrs Wisbone Ash who is an Administrator with the HSE. She says that there are several pharmacies open each Christmas Day. It's done on a rotational basis and they (the HSE) are provided with a list in advance.

It's a bit late now but the following pharmacies were open on Christmas Day:

Hilton's, Cornelscourt.
    Springfield Medicare, Tallaght.
    Corrigan's, Clontarf.

O'Mears's, Arklow.
    Bergin's, Newbridge.
    Whelan's, Kildare Town.

Advertisement