Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ff12

Options
  • 25-12-2007 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Quick question. Should I bother balancing my whole parties levels or should I just not bother and pick 3 specific people to level up? I don't want a whole FF8 thing again.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I haven't started playing this yet so I'd love to know whether I should balance the party or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

From what I remember I did balance my levels out as it does help to switch characters around in certain situations. However it's not nearly as essential as in FF8, as you never really have to split the characters into 2 parties, apart from maybe once or twice I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I guess I'll start balancing just to be on the safe side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's no need to balance your party but I prefer to do it in all the FF games, gives the characters a heap more personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i didn't balance my party the first time. it helps if you are trying to finish the game quickly. although it can help to have one strong character from the other 3. i found that with some of the bosses/marks it was useful to have someone to remove status ailments.
    on my second time through the game i balanced the party and found it slightly more difficult to beat some of the bosses due to lack of strenght etc from not being a high level.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I balanced my party and found some of the bosses pretty nasty. However I did enjoy this since the boss battles were tough but far from impossible. It really made them strategic affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

it really depends on what you are looking for in the game. if you have 3 powerful characters most of the bosses are too easy and you'll probably just walk through the game. whereas if you are looking for good strategic battles it would be better to have a more distributed power base.
    if the game is tough you'll probably remember it better than if it is a cakewalk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ah,for FFXII,just choose your 3 favourite characters and focus on them,that way is better for your pleasure :) i chose the bunny girl all the time...with a big bow...no,what i mean is they will have the same skills eventually(that is just sad,all characters can use any weapons/magics/everything!and their limit skills are pathetic...),so doesn't matter who you use.

however ,i recommend that you keep the others at a okay level,for you may need to run away from a battle field for heal(especially at those tough missions),you need them to successfully run away,ie,when you know you are gonna lose,but dont want a gameover,switch just one character on the field then start running,the enemy may chase and kill you then swithch the other character out and keep running...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

I recomend just lvling up the quickenings for the 3 support characters for a quick nuke on any boss then switch to your main partie and continue the battle.

I recomend just lvling up the quickenings for the 3 support characters for a quick nuke on any boss then switch to your main partie and continue the battle.

Now that is actually a very good idea. I might do that.

• Advertisement

Now that is actually a very good idea. I might do that.

Only works for the first third of the game, after which quickenings are only useful for taking out a boss when his defense skyrockets just before he dies.

I would recommend strongly against only levelling up 3 characters. Boss battles will become complete walkovers. I kept the levels of the characters of my party constant and the only enjoyable aspect of the combat were the boss battles where I really had to use strategy to defeat them. By levelling up only 3 characters you will only make a very boring game even more boring. The game can be beaten without any boring levelling up, I did it although I recommend doing enough hunts to get the bubble spell which was essential for the final battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

oh and don't forget to take those missions from the clan...seriously...those missions spent more of my gaming time then the main story line...which basically think of that is mainly of the money i paid for the game go to.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    bubble spell which was essential for the final battle.

How essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i chose the bunny girl all the time...with a big bow
    aaah Fran...if only you were a real woman lol, those Viera would make stunning looking ladies.

Advertisement