Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congrats RTE

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Everything is ad free.

I did notice they had English language continuity links this year instead of the standard Irish Language announcements used in previous years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Bond-007 wrote:
    Everything is ad free.

I did notice they had English language continuity links this year instead of the standard Irish Language announcements used in previous years.

I was disappointed to see it. I am an Irish speaker- and also one of the dying breed of viewers who actually have a valid TV licence. Its not that hard for the national broadcaster to put up its signage As Gaeilge.

Ps- yes, I'm also one of the people who use the Bank of Ireland Pass machines in Irish.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

its very simple to me , rte like to get in ahead of the bunch even if its only by 10 mins , if you check the listings , rte always always shows the premiers 1st around xmas
    its the same with desperete housewives , prison break and the sopranos , we were always at least a week ahead of the uk channells

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'm just disappointed that none of the main terrestrial channels, in keeping with the Nativity, didn't show the Life of Brian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was wondering the same. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

moe_sizlak wrote: »
    its very simple to me , rte like to get in ahead of the bunch even if its only by 10 mins , if you check the listings , rte always always shows the premiers 1st around xmas
    its the same with desperete housewives , prison break and the sopranos , we were always at least a week ahead of the uk channells

Nail on the head there!

Obviously no one noticed those important ten minutes on the Christmas Day schedule.. Every year RTÉ will show the same films as the Beeb ten minutes or so before so they can get in there first, have the 'premiere' tag on them and hope that people will watch them on RTÉ ahead of the BBC because the adds issue doesn't arise on Christmas Day. It's been happening for donkey's years..

And not everyone has BBC in Ireland so I think there would be quite an uproar if RTE were to just not air something simply because it was going to be on the BBC..

Advertisement