Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Christmas

Options
  • 25-12-2007 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Just wanted to wish all you Northsiders a very Merry Christmas. I hope your day has been all you wanted it to be.

;)Here's to a peaceful and prosperous new year.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lady_North wrote: »
    Just wanted to wish all you Northsiders a very Merry Christmas. I hope your day has been all you wanted it to be.

Happy Christmas Lady North (but don't confuse us with the 'Northsiders' of the city variety). :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

LOL...yes North County Dublin folk think they are a level above us North city resident's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

LOL. Sorry about that. Too true but I did not want to offend anyone by leaving them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Ah yes a north county dublin christmas, awoken at an ungodly hour by kids on mini motorbikes bah humbug lol

lol. Kids on mini motorbikes, not a nice awakening. My kids waited until 7am to wake me up, so not too bad by standards.

Very quiet christmas here. No mad parties, have not even seen a neighbour. Maybe I should actually go outside?

Nope, don't think so, I am enjoying the peace and quiet too much. Hope you have enjoyed your christmas. Here's to a Cracking New Year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yes it's been a good Christmas here in the North County. I was almost tempted to take a trip to the Pavilions this morning but I came to my senses just in time!! I think we can live off what's in the cupboards for another day or two.
    There are a few sales on down in Airside today too, but I'm definitely not going there.

Went to the pavillions but only to browse, went back and bought what i wanted off the net still saved money

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We passed the side entrance to the Pavilions this afternoon on our way back from a nice walk along the estuary - the cars were queueing to get into the car parks. Madness.
    More cars were queueing to get out of Airside, it seemed like the world and his mother were out shopping.

I went to the Pav about 3pm today, only cos I promised the kids I would take them to the cinema. What a mistake. It took me 25 mins to get from the Garda station to the entrance to the multi-story. We even missed the start of the film. Only for my youngest would have been so disappointed I would have turned and gone home.

Has the world gone sales mad!!!!!

The pedestrian route through from Penny's to the Pavilions is open now. Would it be easier to park there and walk through to the Pavilions or has half of Dublin already thought of that?

• Advertisement

Did that a couple of times last week but today no cars were allowed in. There was a man and a barrier preventing the cars from going into Penny's. I might have been full but there were a lot of cars coming out but the man with the barrier just refused to allow any cars in!!!!

That car park has alot of truble with flooding so with recent rain that could be why no one was allowed in

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    That car park has alot of truble with flooding so with recent rain that could be why no one was allowed in
    :eek: Even during the summer there seemed to be water everywhere but I just presumed it was teething problems!

Never heard about flooding problems. I usually just go direct to the Pavilions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 daymoh

Lady_North wrote: »

Thanks Lady North.

Best wishes for 2008!:)

Advertisement