Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Years Eve on RTE1

• 25-12-2007 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Saw an ad the last day for the new years Jigs and Reels sh1te thats on this year and noticed that it's pre-recorded - it showed a shot of them all together singing Auld Lang Syne.

Personally I think it is a bit, well, RTE to have it pre-recorded, what does everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved to Television forum from AH.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

what does everyone else think?

Wrong forum

beaten to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Saw an ad the last day for the new years Jigs and Reels sh1te thats on this year and noticed that it's pre-recorded - it showed a shot of them all together singing Auld Lang Syne.

Personally I think it is a bit, well, RTE to have it pre-recorded, what does everyone else think?
    They did exactly the same thing [Jigs & Reels] last year. I'd say that's where they got the clip from. It's not like anyone's going to watch it anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

jb91 wrote: »

It's not like anyone's going to watch it anyway.

Just because you wont be watching it doesnt mean thousands others wont be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

not recorded. live. i've a mate who has to work on it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

They should be made do it live as penance for the years worth of shíte they inflict on the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Pigman II wrote: »
    They should be made do it live as penance for the years worth of shíte they inflict on the country.

May be I didn't make mysef clear. It is done live....
    not recorded. live. i've a mate who has to work on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

newbie2 wrote: »
    May be I didn't make mysef clear. It is done live....

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am saying they deserve to have their new years eve taken up with work.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

God I can't think of anything worse than ringing in the New Year listening to George Hook talking about dancing. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

In this day and age of recorded shows, RTE should really go over the top to promote a show as live. Personnally I'd give it more attention if I realised something was live. Would be looking out for mistakes...sad!

• Advertisement
Advertisement